I just need to vent

cajunlady1958
on 6/13/11 10:06 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I just found out that my friend who has been helping through this process, broke her ankle and will not be able to drive me to the hospital in september.  I know that this sounds bad but I need her support to get me through this.  The hospital is 2 hours away and my truck is getting on in years.  This has caused me to have a food binge and tears today.  I really hope my friend heals and I know it's an accident, but why me?

you have all been such a blessing and I didn't want to sound like a baby, but things never go as I plan.  Thanks for reading.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

mylastchance
on 6/13/11 10:25 am, edited 6/13/11 10:26 am
You still have till September.......if she was your ride due to your vehicle being down then maybe you have another friend who can take you but she can ride along for the moral support your need.  Just a thought..
hope you find another ride between now and then and don't let this cause you to have a train wreck now.

If there is a will there is a way......stay positive.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Herbie55
on 6/13/11 10:28 am - MI
I broke my ankle in three places a couple of years ago had to have surgery to pin it back together. I was able to drive after about 7 weeks. This is only June, your friend should be fine by September.
Elaine2
on 6/13/11 10:29 am - Atlanta, GA
Now that you've gotten over your tears, it's time to make a plan. At least you have to September to figure it out.

Maybe your friend can still go with you...just not drive.
Maybe you can find another friend so that 3 of you can make the trip and she can drive back.
Check out renting a car for a few days...I used to do that when I had an older car and needed to travel.

You can work it out...just look at this as a blip in the road.  Hope your friend recovers well and you all have a successful summer.

Daviegrandma
on 6/13/11 10:56 am - Davie, FL
   Get the pity party out of the way and put the thinking cap on....You have 4 months to go..She will be fine to drive by then.. If she can't drive, call and see how much a limo or shuttle will cost each way.. 2 hours is not that long of a drive.. She can still be there to support you....

Just give it time...

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/11 10:57 am
I've never heard of a broken bone taking longer than 8 weeks or so to heal. But regardless you have until then to figure something out. I'm sure you'll manage. You're just being nervous and anxious right now. Try to calm down and you'll make it just fine. Good luck!
Crimson
on 6/13/11 11:21 am - MD
unless she has completely shattered her ankle bones with foot bones(and need multiple surgeries til day of your surgery) she should be healed by september, no?

HW: 271 lbs.     SW: 255 lbs.     GW: 150 lbs.    
New_me2011
on 6/13/11 11:42 am - NY
VSG on 02/14/12
 Hi, and sorry for your friend's injury and your distress. First, realize that "never" is such an extreme word(like "always")- it's not possible that things never go as planned-you have made it so far and have a surgery date-quite an accomplishment!!!And as the others have pointed out, your friend will quite possibly be healed enough to drive you, and if not she can still be there for support, and you can possibly have someone else drive you(not a bad idea since someone very close to you is likely to be as nervous as you!), or take a taxi to the hospital and back. Please remember that as others have been a blessing to you that you are also blessed-a friend willing to support you, a surgery date, and a bright and healthy future with your new sleeve! Things will work out fine  for both you , and your friend, and remember that your friend's support consists of so much more than a ride to the hospital. Relax, enjoy your summer, and stay positive!!!
LabRat90
on 6/14/11 1:48 am - Ball, LA
I'm sorry for your friend's pain.  But this is about your pain.  Calm down and don't panic.  You have other friends that would help you get to the hospital.  What part of the state are you in?  I'm close to Alexandria.  I might be willing to experience a vacation in New Orleans if it comes to that.  Meanwhile, don't undo all you've worked for.  Try very hard not to emotional eat.  That is one of the reasons you're in this shape in the first place.  After the surgery, emotional eating is your enemy.  You need to work on this very hard.  Find something to do with your hands.  (I love my Kindle) or remove yourself from the situation (go for a walk).  Don't let anxiety get the best of you.
  God made me with 2 ears and only 1 mouth for a good reason!        
cajunlady1958
on 6/14/11 9:43 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I live in lafayette.  It's not so much the driving I dislike it's the fact that she has been with me from the word go.  I never realized how much I leaned on her for support.  I'm better today putting plan b in action getting quotes about a rental car.  Thanks for caring.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 243 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views