Help .... Starbucks

Danae T.
on 6/14/11 2:26 pm
 I want to start going to the gym in the mornings before work but won't be going back home.  I need a good, not to strong on the coffee flavoring, drink that I can add protein to since I won't be home to make my usual protein shake for breakfast.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!!

Danae T    
Caligirlgina
on 6/14/11 2:39 pm - CA
Stay away from Starbucks Coffee. I use to get at least one everyday and then I really paid close attention to the calorie board and almost crapped my pants. Just a regular coffee has alot of calories according to their board. I now go to either Peets Coffee or Coffee Bean and Tea if they have those by you. It is 5 calories there vs the 90 I believe was the lowest at Starbucks.
  1Mo(July 17, 2011) 265.1 (-28.7) Whoo hooo2Mo (Aug 17, 2011) 258.7 (-6.4) 3mo-253.5(-5.2) Finally broke a 5 week stall

Still Fawn
on 6/15/11 1:46 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
Coffee has about 5 calories, even at Starbucks. Its all about what you put in it. I use skim milk, FF syrups, and 2 scoops of protein powder.. Easy peasy and ok for you.. My skinny caramel macchiato has 110 cals and 11 protein, plus 60 cals and 12 protein from the protein powder.. So 170/23, and tastes delicious.

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

frisco
on 6/14/11 3:24 pm

Jimbo does something with protein and Starbucks......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

PaulaS
on 6/14/11 10:44 pm - TX
I sometimes treat myself to a Venti Skinny Latte with protein powder there.   The count is 210 / 33 / 21 for the lattee and 30 / 1 / 6 for the protein powder.   (Calories / Carbs / Protein).  

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
George B.
on 6/15/11 1:42 am - Miami, FL
I use Starbucks Via with skim milk. You can add protein powder to the drink and it's still delicious.
The Starbucks Via has 3-5 calories depending on the flavor.

pcannedy
on 6/15/11 1:53 am - Sacramento, CA
I had a sf vanilla latte at Peets and it was very good.  Made with FF milk, 116 calories.

I do prefer the sugar free french vanilla coffee mate and my own coffee in the Keurig.

emelar
on 6/15/11 1:58 am - TX
I get a tall nonfat latte at SB every work day.  It's 100 calories with 10 g of protein from the milk.  Black coffee is almost nothing calorie-wise. 

You may want to just make your protein drink at home and put it in a little cooler with an ice pack to stay cold during your workout.  Then you can drink and drive to work.
Danae T.
on 6/15/11 3:38 am
Great ideas, thank you so much.  I will probably go with the cooler since I don't really like coffee.  I usually make a strawberry smoothie with almond milk and add protein powder.

Thanks again!!

Danae T    
jimbovsg
on 6/15/11 8:15 am
I do a tall iced coffee...in a trenta cup with a pure protein 35 from trader joe's poured over it...can add a bit of SF syrups too...be care full shake is already sweet....160 cals 2 carbs 35 protein...oh like fawn said 5 cals for the coffee!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views