I feel like a loser... and not the good kind of loser

amandamercedes22
on 6/17/11 8:06 am - CA
So, I havent been on here in a while and I guess its because I am a little depressed...

I dont know if I am losing enough weight or if I am on the right track but I have been in such a mood lately. It's like the high of the surgery completely wore off.

I've been having issues with my husband too, for some reason he has been acting very insecure about our relationship. I think it may be because my libido (sp?) is down and I havent been in the mood...

Another thing, we are supposed to get married again in two years and I was looking at wedding dresses and showing him the ones I like and he was so unsupportive. He kept saying that my body wouldn't look good in a mermaid or trumpet style dress and that he thought the a-line was prettier.

Yes, stick the fat girl in a "flattering" A line, what a sterotype.

Its like he cant see that I will have a totally different body later and he already thinks that if I do lose weight, my shape won't look good.

I cant even wear dresses when I am out with him now cause he hates how they look on me.

Sorry... I just had to get that all out.
Amanda

acbbrown
on 6/17/11 8:13 am - Granada Hills, CA
this is a very emotionally draining process. It sounds like you need to sit down and have a long chat with him before things get worse. You may need to re-assure him, and see how you can spend some intimate time together (even if it doesn't involve sex per se). Relationships are HARD work by themselves, and WLS definitely adds to the work.

Good luck, hope things work out and get better.

I find that some good exercise helps with the depression - makes me feel good about myself, and can help with the weight loss. If it's get too serious, make sure you get help though.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

TeriMac10
on 6/17/11 10:59 am
Well, you will look just great in any dress you select.  I think he needs to get on the 'support wagon'...love yourself!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 361 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views