February Sleevers...Please Check In !

fattofabinfeb
on 6/19/11 12:10 pm
I posted this yesterday, but made it too specific to Feb 17.  Would love to heat from ALL the February 2011 sleevers...........

It's hard to believe 4 months has passed by.  I'm down 42 this AM.  Had a really slow few weeks, but never gave up!  I firmly believe that no matter how long it takes, I will get it off. Fast or slow it's the end result.   

A few victories this past month:
Got into Onederland.
Had a appointment with my PCP last week....she took me off blood pressure meds.
No longer OBESE, just overweight, yeah
Started in size 16 jeans, got into a 10 (yeah, I admit I had a a little muffin top..but another 5 lbs should do it).
Actually tucked in a shirt and wore a belt yesterday.
It's time to buy new undies
AND
I haven't been in the 180's in 10 years!

Friggin feeling good...

Hope to hear from some other Feb sleevers.

All my best and hugs CJ

Brenda L.
on 6/19/11 12:20 pm - Raleigh, NC
I am half way to my goal and love my sleeve. It has been years since I have been in the 180's and it feels good.
  Brendini                                                              
May D.
on 6/19/11 3:30 pm, edited 6/19/11 3:31 pm
February Sleever checking in!

Weighed in this morning and am also down a total of 42 lbs!  Yayyyyyy!!

I have been off high blood pressure meds since the day I left the hospital.
My dizziness seems to have disappeared
My arthritic knee doesn't give me as much trouble as it once did, I wonder if it will go away as I lose more weight
I work out every other day and take water aerobics twice a week
I am not yet in onederland, but will be before the end of this year
My size 18/20 pants are too big
I found a pair of size 16 (stretchy) pants in my closet that fit fine
my hair started falling out, but just a little bit more than it usually does
my doctor said I'm losing slow, but that's the best way
I also need new undies LOL!
I'm the happiest I've ever been in a long time!

I wish you continued success!

Thecos
on 6/19/11 8:36 pm
I was sleeved 02/28/2011.  I am down 51 pounds since the day of surgery and 79 overall!  I have hit my first stall.  This is the first week since surgery that I have not lost a pound.  I am feeling really good, can't wait to hit onederland, which is not far away, just have to break this stall first!  I started out last September in a size 22 jeans and now wear a size 16!  It is a great feeling!
Kelleybell122
on 6/19/11 10:09 pm - Powell, OH
I was sleeved Feb 1 and am down 57lbs.
SW: 220
CW: 163

I'm down from size 20 pants to 14's and 12's.

Sleep apnea gone. Energy levels up (most days, but sometimes I get really tired and take naps like a toddler.)

Last weekend we took the boat out. My bathing suit was too big so I stopped at the Goodwill on the way to the marina, grabbed a bikini (yes, my first two piece in twenty years) and a pair of shorts. We skied all day. The short fit fine at first, but by the end of the day I had to hold on to them to keep them from falling off. They actually DID fall off when we were trailering the boat. When I got home I weighed myself and discovered I lost two lbs that day. (which was GREAT cause it marked the end of a three week stall.)

Over all, I'm thrilled with the results, and even bought myself a motorcycle to celebrate!

Love, love, love my sleeve!

Katie S.
on 6/20/11 12:42 am
VSG on 02/23/11 with
Hello! I was sleeved on Feb. 23rd and am down 43 lbs. since surgery, and 61 lbs. from my all-time high.  I've found that my weight loss is starting to slow down a bit, but I'm still consistently losing 1 or 2 lbs. a week without really trying, so I can't complain.  I went from a tight size 16 (was probably an 18, but I refused to buy them) to a comfortable size 12.  Only 14 lbs. to lose until I reach a normal BMI, and I can't wait!  I noticed that I'm starting to lose hair like crazy now, but no one else has noticed and I'm trying not to obsess over it.  I love your mentioning tucking your shirt in and needing to buy new undies.  I love these little victories.  Congrats on your loss so far, and continued good luck to you!  ~Katie

HW: 230  SW: 212  CW: 145  LW: 138

cannonkb
on 6/20/11 2:03 am - SC
Hey Everybody!  I had surgery February 16th and as of Friday I am down 71 lbs. YiPEE!!!!  I have hit a few stalls along the way but I just have to keep reminding myself that it will come off eventually.  I started out in a super-tight 26/28(prob. should have been 30/32) and I can now wear a size 20.  Can't wait to hit onederland, about 45 lbs. away!  I haven't been there in over 22 years!!!!!  Have been super conscience of loose hanging skin lately but I keep reminding myself that I need to just take this one step at a time and not sweat the small stuff!  Good luck to everyone!

bethy30
on 6/20/11 11:45 am - Canada
I was sleeved Feb 28/11 and I was 276 day of surger and now am 220 so a total of 56 since surgery and 90lbs since nov 1.10

size 24 to size 16, I only started taking measurments after surgery and so far over 44 inches all over lost.

Feels great.
  HW 310lbs, SW 276, CW 160 and holding

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views