Will my legs ever smooth out???

JsSkinnyMom
on 6/20/11 3:51 am - Youngsville, LA
I'm getting closer to goal and feel really good about myself when I'm all dressed up in nice clothes but naked, I'm a mess!  My upper legs are so soft and bumpy.  I can't wear shorts any shorter than knee length. 

I just had surgery in January.  Do you think that it's because I'm still early out and have lost so much so quickly (in my opinion anyway)?  I'm hoping someone replies and says that in time they will smooth out some.  I'm 5'2 or 5'3 and weigh about 157 right now.  I'm wearing anywhere from a size 10 to a size 14 depending on brand (mostly 10s and 12s).  I want to lose about 20 more lbs. to be under 140.  I'm only 34 years old.  I was really hoping I wouldn't have these problems with skin and cellulite.  

Thanks in advance.  I know you guys will have good info (whether if it's what I want to hear or not)! 

J's Skinny Mom  

HW 238 / SW 235 / CW 120  
Maryatt50
on 6/20/11 4:01 am
 No one can tell.  You are young and that's a plus.  Keep working out and hope for the best.  I am 50 years old and lost right at 90 pounds - my upper leg is not pretty by any means - but I wear shorts about 3 to 4 inches above my knee.  Good Luck. Mary
Need4Change
on 6/20/11 4:07 am - NJ
I havent had my surgery yet (its actually tomorrow) but have had cellulite since high school (sad, I know).  What I've found that worked is coffee!  Yep, rub it on your legs in the shower and then rinse.  They even sell coffee based products at your local Target/Walmart etc that I heard worked thru others.  I just find coffee to be cheap and easy to use (minus the cleaning up part).  Do that with exercise and you'll be in good shape!  its not an overnight process by all means...good luck!
pcannedy
on 6/20/11 4:16 am - Sacramento, CA
i am older and my top legs are wrinkled and I am walking in the pool to help build muscle.  Either surgwery or exercise will help and since you are young you might have a chance but exercise.

FaithForward
on 6/20/11 7:54 am - Houston, TX
FaithForward
on 6/20/11 7:56 am - Houston, TX
Shut the Front Door!!  uh?  Coffee Really?
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. ~2 Chronicles 15:7 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
5'6" ~ Loving a size 4 ~
Plastics Apr 17th, 2012 with Dr. Sauceda ~ BL, BA, LBL w/ flap aug & mini thigh lift!

Margo N.
on 6/20/11 4:14 am
After losing about 120 lbs, my upper thigh area is the worst for me, other than the horror that is my lower stomach. I can say that it does seem to be improving as time goes by,  or maybe I just care less! Seriously though - right at the moment I am not losing much weight, but the weight I have seems to be redistributing in a way that looks better rather than worse.

I think that the quality of the end result will be due to some magic combination of age (NOT in my favor at this point), genetics (the elderly folks in the family have skin that looks pretty darn good, so I might have an advantage here), and whether or not I get my butt off of the sofa and do some more exercising!

In the meantime, I love my Spanx, though they don't help with shorts, and my daughter finds it the height of hilarity to watch as I wiggle my thighs and the excess skin sloshes back and forth, so it's not ALL weeping and gnashing of teeth, despite the obvious cosmetic flaws that have come with my new and improved body.

Below is a preop photo and one taken at 15 months out / 119 pounds down. It doesn't capture the general wobbliness very well, but believe me, the thighs stop walking a few minutes after the rest of me!

Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

brownblonde
on 6/20/11 4:26 am
 You can't really know, and I feel you.  My upper legs have always been my problem area.  Age helps, and I'm sure exercise can't hurt.  I will tell you that I noticed the greatest difference in my legs in the past 10-15lbs.  They seemed to hold on for dear life to my weight and now it's coming off there.  So you may see that begin to go with the last of your weight.  The outside of my thighs are definitely looking better, but the upper inner are still pretty jiggly, loose, and fatty.  Worst part for me is that my knees still have some weirdly placed fat around them.  But soooo much better than what I ever had before :)

Lina P.
on 6/20/11 4:39 am - Bolton, Canada
Sometimes genetics plays a big role in how cellulite is distributed in your body. Some of us have it, some of us don't.
Luckily it can be reduced with proper weight training. Building some nice muscle under flabby skin will make a huge difference.

I plan to reach goal first then start weight training. Be aware that your weight might increase on the scale but because your building muscle, your size will remain the same.
Height: 5 ft - Age: 42
Bougie size: 36 oversewn to 34  
 CW: 135 lbs
Happy in the 130's but... On to my second goal!

Jennchap
on 6/20/11 5:02 am - CA
 I say walk and pick up a kettle bell and resistance band… those helped me
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views