HOT FLASHES... this is getting ridiculous!!

Stacy160
on 6/21/11 3:19 am

OK, gals.  I am not quite 46 and have been having a few flashes here and there for a couple of years, usually in January and February, and usually at night.  But for the last month and a half or so, they've been hitting me anywhere from a couple of times a day to a couple of times an hour.... and still worse at night, to the point where some nights I hardly get any sleep!  Last night consisted literally of 10-minute mini-naps all night long....wake up sweating and burning up from the inside out, throw off the sheet .  Wake up 10 minutes later freezing to death, pull the sheet back on, lather, rinse, repeat. etc., etc., etc.   *sigh*

I do NOT ever plan to take hormones as my mother had breast cancer and her tumor was feeding heavily on her estrogen (and thankfully she never took hormones either), and I don't want to do anything to increase my risk.  Have any of you had any experience or luck with any of the homeopathic remedies, like black cohosh?   I've gotta do something!!

HW 258    SW 246.4    CW 166.8 GW 160    
                     (reflects loss from all-time high weight in November 2009)
snowbaby
on 6/21/11 5:24 am - Durango, CO
Funny you mention this b/c I've suddenly been dealing with the same thing! I've had the night thing going on for a while - but not as prolific as it is lately. I can just be sitting doing nothing and out of the blue I start with this heat wave in my body. I've got the fan going full blast at night freezing out my hubby and my little dogs are cuddling up next to me trying to stay warm but adding heat to my already hot bod. Then like you I get cold again...covers off, covers on...covers off, covers on. Shoot...here comes one now...power of suggestion or what?! ha! I don't want to take hormones either. I hope someone comes along with a good suggestion!
      Sue 

Bichon Mom2 Oval Sticker

Nonie0123
on 6/21/11 11:57 am - MT
I take evening primrose oil and black cohash. The really help with the hot flashes and the mood swings. Now I don't feel like ripping peoples heads off. Takes a couple of weeks to kick in, but worth it.
5' 11", HW 287, SW 270, GW 170                    
Stacy160
on 6/21/11 1:32 pm

Thanks Nonie!

HW 258    SW 246.4    CW 166.8 GW 160    
                     (reflects loss from all-time high weight in November 2009)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 73 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 273 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views