Is it just me?

Mash84
on 6/24/11 2:18 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 06/20/11 with
Hi guys,

I was recently sleeved on June 20th, I have not had any luck changing the surgery date on my profile to reflect that date, but anywhoo, it seems like every since my surgery, I no longer have the urge to urinate.  I can go a whole day without urinating, but I make it my business to go to the restroom anyways at times I usually would go to the restroom.  Does that makes sense? As for bowel movements, I still have yet to have one.

Masheka

pcannedy
on 6/24/11 2:20 am - Sacramento, CA
Are you driniking water?  I have to go to the bathroom more if I drink water, vitamin water zero, and ice teas. 

Mash84
on 6/24/11 2:28 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 06/20/11 with
Yeah,  I'm drinking a lot of different fluids
MrsHelm1012
on 6/24/11 2:29 am, edited 6/24/11 2:45 am - Washingtonville, PA
I know exactly what you mean! I had to pee constantly before surgery, and now I hardly have to... I drink a lot of water and Diet Decaf Tea... They are the only 2 things I can tolerate post op, and I barely tolerate them. lol. (Nothing tastes the same to me) Anyway, not quite sure whats up with never having to pee anymore, but it will def come in handy for the car ride on vacation! lol

* Edited to add: It could have something to do with since we are losing weight, we have less abdominal fat pushing on our bladders....

Shari H.
on 6/24/11 2:34 am - MI
 I also noticed that I don't feel like I have to go as frequently, or as urgently, as before surgery.  It seems my bladder holds more than it did before!  Perhaps this is due to there being more room in the abdomen without 85% of your stomach ...  Not sure that going a whole day without urinating is OK, though.  If you're drinking a lot of fluids, you should be urinating.  You may have been dehydrated at first, but if you've been getting sufficient fluids in over the last couple of days, I'd think that you would have made up the deficit by now.  Might be something to mention to the doc.

Best of luck,
Shari
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
FULL DISCLOSURE:  includes 31 lbs lost pre-op 
Mammamia1290
on 6/24/11 2:50 am
I had surgery on 4/20 and I noticed the same thing about not peeing alot. I think part of it was I was partially dehydrated or on the edge of it for weeks. It could also the trauma the body goes through having surgery( drugs from anes or iv fluids). However i just noticed the other day that I'm peeing like I was before my surgery. So maybe it just takes time. I also was constipated and benefiber works wonders.
Faye56
on 6/24/11 3:05 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
Maybe our big ole tummies are laying on our badder before surgery. I do remember before I gained lots of weight that I did not pee as much or have the urgency that I do know. WhooHoo something else to look forward to when I have my surgery on July 19th!!
dejahsmom096
on 6/24/11 3:26 am
Hi Marsh84, Congrats on being sleeved. I don't go as much either. I thought I would be running back and forth to the restroom. So glad that I am not. Speedy recovery.
T.R       

roundater
on 6/24/11 3:29 am - Lincoln, NE
I have noticed my peeing has dropped off too even when drinking 8 cups of fluid.
Rich Sonderegger

cathereineeb
on 6/24/11 3:59 am - NJ
VSG on 05/16/11 with
Hi -

I was sleeved on May 16, 2011.  I noticed the same thing.  I pee so much less now.  I hope that continues.  I used to get up in the middle of the night at least once, if not twice.  Not anymore!  I love my sleeve
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views