16 Days Out

Shari H.
on 6/22/11 11:48 am - MI
Boy, it seems like it has been longer than that! 

Ok, so I'm feeling just a bit discouraged, because it seems that I have already hit a stall.  I know, I know ... it's to be expected and all that, but it is still a *****  I initially lost 13 lbs in the first 8 days after my surgery on 6/6 and I was so excited.  However ... Since then - in the NEXT 8 days after surgery, I've lost only 2 more lbs.  How can this be?  I'm averaging 741 calories per day (I track my intake using the nutrition tracker on this site).  I'm averaging 45% (83 g) protein daily, 38% (69 g) carbs, and 18% (14 g) fat.  That seems reasonable and in the expected ranges.  So why the stall?  I'm drinking (usually) 64 oz fluids daily, too. 

Crud.  

I know it has to pass, but it is hard.  And I'm not weighing myself every day.

In other news, my baby girl (16) left today for a school trip to FRANCE.  I'm going to miss her like crazy while she is gone, but I'm so glad and grateful that she has this opportunity.  It really is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of trip.   She'll be gone for 11 days and will be in Paris (Versailles, Eiffel Tower, etc.), Normandy, The Loire Valley, and then down to the French Riviera for a couple of days.  She'll be seeing things most people only dream of seeing in person.  She's such a cool, good kid.  She deserves this.

Ok.  Done feeling sorry for myself.  Stall - Go
away!  LOL

Shari

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
FULL DISCLOSURE:  includes 31 lbs lost pre-op 
acbbrown
on 6/22/11 11:52 am - Granada Hills, CA
The stall doesn't really have anything to do with your intake - it's just a part of the process. The body is very complicated, and it's probably more energy than its worth to try and figure it out. Just do what you need to do, and let your body do its thing. The weight will come off, just not on your schedule

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/11 11:53 am
Congrats on your surgery, you will do fine.. don't sweat it! Here's the answer to the mystery stall.. If I could get OH to stickey it to the top of the page I would, but they won't unless it's an announcement by them!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/4397734/Attention-New-ops-about-that-first-quotstallquot-gt/#36360216

Shari H.
on 6/22/11 12:03 pm - MI
 Ah!  Jo, thanks for posting that ... OK, I get it now!  It makes sense, and makes me feel a bit better.  

So THAT'S why I couldn't outrun that sabretooth tiger!  That explains these bite marks on my a$$!  LOL  (just kiddin').

I appreciate the replies and encouragement!  What a great group!

Shari

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
FULL DISCLOSURE:  includes 31 lbs lost pre-op 
Valsdetermined2lose
on 6/22/11 11:53 am

everyone stalls after surgery and throughout this process called WLS, you are doing great and Congrats on your weight loss so far. I wouldnt worry much about stalls, ive become use to them on a regular but they don't last forever! Good luck

HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Father Don
on 6/22/11 12:31 pm - Charleston, SC
Here's my standard answer to "pauses" that everyone calls a stall:

A stall is something that last 6 weeks or more.  You are in a correction period.

Weight loss is like a teeter-totter....

One one side is pounds, the other inches....

If you stop going down on pounds, the inches will go down .  Are you measuring? 
Then the inches will slow and pounds will drop...

this is normal and NOT a stall, it's a correction period that your body uses to catch up.....

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views