HELP I have no idea what im suppose to eat!!!

crazyduck
on 6/24/11 4:44 pm - Maurepas, LA
Ok so my P.A. tells my surgery is pushed back a week. No biggie, so I figured I would start my pre opt 1 week later. Well I was wrong. I bought all this healthy( I thought) food for my liquid diet and I think all I can safely have is sugar free popsicles and beef broth. Please SOMEONE give me a list of very low carb, no sugar and little fat groceries I can just go get. Im not a chef, just need to get by! Thank you so much for reading. Leigh
Think positive, and all ur hopes and dreams will follow!                   
diane S.
on 6/24/11 4:49 pm
did your doctor give you a preop diet? If so, just do that for an extra week. If not, eat tuna, skinless boneless chicken breasts poached on the stove and ready made protein drinks like premier from costco, with a few green veggies. Scrambled eggs work well too. Or buy a whole roasted chicken at the market but don't eat the skin or any fat. keep to 1000 calories or less. gl diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

_Nikki_
on 6/24/11 4:51 pm
Costco rotisserie chicken is really good. Maybe some refried beans, grilled veggies. Lots of water. Good Luck Leigh, it will be here before you know it.
_Nikki_ 

LittleMissSunshine
on 6/24/11 5:11 pm
When I was on my pre-op I lived on protein shakes, deli meat and cheese.  The most carbs I got came from the shakes and broccoli at dinner.  if you use a site like MyFitnessPal.com and log everything that passes your lips, you shouldn't have problem.  Just keep your carbs under 30g/day and your calories between 1,000-1,200 and you'll be fine.

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

crazyduck
on 6/24/11 6:00 pm - Maurepas, LA
Thank you all for the tips! But I was under the impression it was to be all liquid, so I could shrink my liver??????
jengo1971
on 6/24/11 8:16 pm, edited 6/24/11 8:17 pm
Hi there crazyduck (funny).  A real food low carb/high protein diet will produce the same results as a liquid low carb/high protein diet.  I could not tolerate the NASTY medifast that was required for me pre-op.  After discussing this with my NUT, she basically admitted what I said above.  My liver was nice and small per the doc.  Good luck.

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
elizabethbrown24
on 6/24/11 6:16 pm
My pre-op was low carb, high protein then a few days before surgery all liquids.  Depends on your BMI and your surgeons instructions???  The costco shakes have the most protein I've been adding sugar free flavored syrup to mine (to mix things up cuz the same flavor all the time stinks!) and ice throwing them in a blender and enjoying! 

Good luck!! 
MediumSoon
on 6/25/11 12:14 am - TX
My pre-op diet was LIQUID. Even though the results could be the same, I'd sure as heck do what my Dr. asked me to do. I had broth, low fat cream soup (allowed per my nut), milk, protein shakes (Atkins), sugar-free popsicles, SF jello, and I think that's about it.

Sexxygreeneyes
on 6/25/11 11:47 am
 Mine was totally Liquid and lots of  protein shakes and we have the same dr!!!!!
crazyduck
on 6/26/11 6:07 am - Maurepas, LA
ok, but no carb and sugar right? Vanessa said something about mushy fish and very soft veggies. How much protein a day, and what did u mix it with>
? any fruit? Is sugar free pudding allowed? How did u get thru this? Thanks Leigh
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 438 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views