Oh jebus.. here we go.

Megdrassil
on 6/28/11 9:55 am - MI
 I think I'm starting to have my first emotional breakdown.  I've had some crying episodes, but I really feel stressed and really sad.  It hit me suddenly and I'm not really sure what to do.  I'm 2 weeks out and as much as I've tried to stay away from the scale.. I've cheated and the scale hasn't moved in 4 days.. infact I've gained a few lbs :(

I know it's just the beginning, but lawd lawd lawd.  I hate mood swings >.>

Sandy S.
on 6/28/11 10:09 am

Hon, if the scales make you crazy- you have to stay away and only check maybe once a week or whatever schedule your rational self feels is appropriate.    This is the time to be firm with yourself, but nurturing too.  You can't expect more than your body can give.  You have the tool, use it and celebrate each loss and patiently wait  for the next.   We all have been there and we have your back.  Your own personal cheering section cheering you on, but if you just need to feel sad know that the sadness will pass.  Hang in  there- sending you a virtual hug!

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
Could_It_Be
on 6/28/11 10:31 am

VSG on 6/22/11
Karen M.
on 6/28/11 11:48 am - Rockwall, TX
DS on 12/01/14
You're fine.  I'm 3 months out and at about the same time, I went through the same thing.  The scales were not moving and I would cry at the drop of a hat.  Nothing is wrong with you.  The scale will move again, your body is just adjusting to what has happened.  Keep your head up.  This will pass and you'll be losing again in no time.

HW:  268             SW:  268              CW:  230.02             5'5"                   48 yrs old              

cleckman
on 6/28/11 11:48 am
Hang in there, these first few weeks are the worse. Also, your hormones are bouncing all over the place...I remember waking up crying for no reason in the middle of the night!

If you still to the program, you'll be fine...it really does work, maybe not as fast we like for how little we can eat but you will eventually get there....someone once posted that it's not race but a lifetime journey to good health!

If I can do it, anybody can....trust me..YOU CAN TOO!

All the best,

Cathy
HW 298.8 Surgery W 242.5 CW 152 GW 164Surgery Date 10/25/10!!!                   

diane S.
on 6/28/11 11:54 am
lots of people experience this. you are normal. If you feel anxious and sad, a little exercise and some sunlight works wonders. Also accomplishing something - even if its cleaning out a drawer or dealing with a stack of papers and junk mail - gives you a feeling of mastering your cir****tances and eases the hopeless feeling.

And well ok, so you cheated some. So just move on. No irreparable harm has been done. Don't think of off-plan eating as cheating as it makes it so moral and emotional. Think of it as a mistake you will learn from and not make again. And whatever it was you ate, get rid of it and have some healthy protein alternatives around. up and down a few pounds is normal for everyone so don't weigh everyday if it drives you nuts. find something else more constructive to do everyday. GL  Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

roundater
on 6/28/11 12:40 pm - Lincoln, NE
I am in a bit of a stall too. Hasn't moved in four days. Just hang in there and eventually it will get unstuck. Anything I can do to help let me know. Diane's post on excercise and keeping busy is very on point. The more you keep your mind off of food the easier it is.
Rich Sonderegger

MediumSoon
on 6/28/11 1:56 pm - TX
My surgeon - and a very wise friend (not the same person) gave me great advice. For the first 6 - YES, SIX - weeks post-op, your body is in COMPLETE shock. It WILL NOT do what you expect it to do. My surgeon does not pay ANY attention to weight for the first six weeks. Really. Doesn't care AT ALL about weight - only healing from surgery. Concentrate on healing and the rest will come.

rdd9348
on 6/28/11 2:43 pm - OR
Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks out, and I had similar feelings, but I still ended up dropping 25 pounds the first month.  I'm finding it gets a little easier to relax about how and when the weight comes off as time goes on and you begin to BELIEVE IN THE SLEEVE!    Just take it easy, do what you're supposed to, and the weight will take care of itself.  I seem to stick when I feel like I should be losing, then lose four or five pounds for no apparent reason some other time.  You'll probably have a similar experience.  I know it's tough but, like others have said, you are still recovering and your body will do things the way it decides to, which is usually not at all the same as the way you want it to.  HANG IN THERE!
Dick

Highest-285, Start WLS Program-267, Surgery-245, Current-196, Goal-148 
                                   Short Term Goal - Under 185 by 10/15/11           
viola_120
on 6/28/11 11:35 pm - FL
I'm over 3 months out and I have had bouts of gloominess.  It's driving my husband nuts.  If I remember correctly, hormones are stored in fat and as you lose fat the hormones are released back into your body and it messes with your emotions. 
HW-250 SW 241.8 GW 139            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views