Had surgery monday came home tuesday down 10 pounds!

epark
on 6/29/11 9:35 pm - Manassas, VA
VSG on 06/27/11 with
I don't feel real very well yet.  Pain for me was a 7/8 out of 10 monday and tuesday.  Pain yesterday was about a 3.  I did not take any lortab.  My husband made himself chicken for him and our daughter yesterday and I had the most awful nausea and dry heaving for about an hour.  Then I had to lay down for about 2 hours after that becuase I was just exhausted from it.  Today I will be home by myself so we'll see how I do.  I only got down 30 grams of protein shake yesterday and I drank water.  The water makes me feel ill.  I can't really sit up.  I have to recline or lay down to drink.  As soon as I do, my tiny tummy starts talking to me and yelling at me.  It's pretty funny. 

On the up side, I weighed myself when I came home tuesday night and it said 238 which was 1 pound more than when I left on monday morning for surgery.  I weight myself last night and this morning and I'm down to 229.  That is absolutely craziness. 

I know it will get better(the sickness and pain).  I have a pain pump the doctor sent me home with I have to wear until saturday.  It's very annoying.  Always in the way.  I'm going to try and get more protien shake in today.  I had such a hard time with it yesterday. 

lisa53406
on 6/29/11 9:41 pm - Racine, WI
Its common to gain weight from the fluids given during surgery and to see a dramatic weight loss in the beginning. Don't be alarmed when you stall a week or two out - also common.

My tummy LOVED warm liquids in the beginning - broth, tea. Just keep sipping and every day you will improve.

Lisa

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
Debber7714
on 6/29/11 10:00 pm
I was done on Monday also, and can really relate to the belly talk...wow, it sounds like thunder alley in my guts-hopefully that'll go away.

My surgeon said not to worry about the protein as I'm so new to this - just to be sure I got my 64 oz. of water in...we'll talk next week about the protein totals.

I just had to have one of my shakes last night and man, oh man, I totally forgot to take small sips-eh gads was I in pain! Lesson learned!

Good luck to you today-and don't lift anything over 10# remember?

HW=238 CW=194 SW=220 GW=125  Arrived in "One-derland" on 9/1/11! 
                    "What you choose is what you shall have...
                        what you allow is what shall continue."
epark
on 6/29/11 10:46 pm - Manassas, VA
VSG on 06/27/11 with
No lifting at all.  That is such a hard one.  It's very hard to make my 2 1/2 year old understand I can't pick her up.  We used a step stool this morning to get in and out of the car and carseat.  I feel so bad for her.  She was so upset I was gone 2 days.  Acting up at day care which never happens.  We kept her home yesterday so we could snuggle all day.  I hope today she does better.  I think I will go get her early today if I'm feeling up to it. 

Shepito
on 6/29/11 11:05 pm, edited 6/29/11 11:09 pm
I just had my surgery on 6/24 and home on 6/26. The original pain meds they gave in the hospital did not work for me, made me sick and nauseaous, once they changed the meds and put a patch behind my ear, I was good to go. Felt so much better. I also had problems with my blood pressure, which is not something I have EVER had a problem with. It kept bouncing, so it kind of freaked my family out, but the doctor was very sympathtic to them and explained the game plan, if it did not balance out. I think the blood pressure issue was due to the pain, I was in and the med not working.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views