Checking In..

Kelby F.
on 6/30/11 2:16 pm, edited 6/30/11 2:48 am - Minot, ND
Hey everyone-

I'm just checking in with you all to let you know I'm still here and doing ok. Sorry I'm not around much.

For those of you who haven't seen it on the news.. I live in Minot, ND and we are currently dealing with a horrific and worst flood in the cities history.

I am soo thankful I live on a hill and that I am safe from all of this with the acception of sewer backup. We have been on a boil order for almost a week now and have to conserve water. (Minot is basically a city built on/in a valley with a river going through the center). It's just heart breaking to see all the devisitation going on. The city is basically divded into 2 and until yesterday there was only 1 route to get from the North to South. My normal 5 to 10 minute drives to and from work turned into up to 2 hour drives. Now I know how you big city folks feel!!

Anyways.. I'm here to the extent I can be... It's all overwhelming.. You want to help everyone, but it's not possible and there's going to be so much help needed after the water receeds.

I hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!! I will be heading to the lake on Saturday and spend time with my family.. Hope my dad got me some of those 4 foot sparklers!!! hehe!

**Have to add this*** Tonight I was over at my friends house. This is the friend who I jokes with that my goal was to loose a her and then some. Well I still have about 30lbs to go in order to do that, but anywho. She was like, "hey I have some capris for you" Such a weird thing to actually be able to have someone give me clothes. Yes she's lost weight and theyre to big for her, but to be able to get clothes from a friend... NEVER been able to do that. She also gave me a couple tank tops since I have ZERO summer clothes.. they were XL and fit!!

~Kelby~       HW: 356 SW: 330 CW:231 GW: 175 I'm 5'6"

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 2:29 pm
My mother in law lives in Minot. I hate to hear that this is happening to Minot. But hopefully it will get better soon before it gets worse. If you need anything let me know I will see what I can do to get something off to you asap! :)

But on a different note glad you are doing well....

Kelby F.
on 6/30/11 2:41 pm - Minot, ND
I hope your mother in law is doing ok. 

I like I said I am very fortunate and have not been directly affected. I don't know if I can even do this on here, but if people do WANT to help out the best thing to do is either donate to our local chapter of the Red Cross www.minotredcross.org or Minot Area Community Foundation www.centerforcommunitygiving.com. 

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

frisco
on 6/30/11 2:32 pm

Glad you and yours are fine....

Your spirit does not surprise me one bit.......(I knew it)

Keep it safe and have a great 4th. !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Kelby F.
on 6/30/11 2:50 pm - Minot, ND
 No sense in being a Debbie Downer about ****ty situations! I'll say it over and over again a positive attitude will you get much further in life than a ****ty one! I'm more than happy to share a smile with others when they need it!

sleeve genie
on 6/30/11 2:45 pm - Alhambra, CA
It's just so sad that this is happening to all those people.  Very scary stuff.   I'm glad that you are ok and everyone is in my prayers.  Thanks for checking in,   keep up the great work you are doing  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Kelby F.
on 6/30/11 2:51 pm - Minot, ND
 Thanks for the prayers Jeani.. They are very much needed and appreciated!! 

LonnieThatGirl D.
on 6/30/11 2:56 pm
 Glad to hear you are safe.  I have friends that have been posting pics on fb and keeping updated.  I pray for all those going through a loss and devestation at this time. 
DrHollywood
on 6/30/11 3:20 pm - Harbor City, CA
Happy 4th to you too.
Sorry to hear about the flood.
Awesome your friend gave you clothes.
I have two friends that did the same thing for me.
I just gave clothes away this last weekend and
i feel fantastic about it.  

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

jimbovsg
on 6/30/11 4:41 pm
Hey Kelby....nice to hear from ya....glad you are safe....and doing well!  Check in more often...we miss your smile around here!  Be safe....and well.

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 113 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 337 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 386 views