Back pain and now my cows are hurting. Will it end?

Callmesunshine
on 7/5/11 4:05 pm - Canton, MI
Okay first I put a message a few days on here regarding the horrible back pain I am experiencing. I went to the E.R. on the 4th and they told me I had a UTI and dehydration. Next day, cow (calf) cramps began. Last couple days I've been dealing with those along with the back pain. I can not even sleep, it is sooooo bad. I am a hypochondriac so I'm thinking blood clots? I know it's probably not that, but if I were to have a blood clot this is what I would expect it to feel like. The pain is so excruciating and nothing seems to get rid of it. I'm at a loss here. This is the 7th day of my liquid diet and I know I'm not getting it all in. This is what I get down every day: 1 - 30g protein, 1 broth soup and 1 snack (either jello or a popsicle). Then, I have about 2 things of water. I just can't seem to get any more down. Put some real food in front of me, I know I wouldn't have a problem.

This diet sucks, by the way. Especially for 3 weeks. What the heck is my surgeon thinking? I've seen some of you have 2 weeks, or 3 weeks with food. This is not nice and after I'm done with my surgery, I'm going to tell him.

I'm miserable!
'
crazyduck
on 7/5/11 5:42 pm - Maurepas, LA
I would try more water and another protein shake. Good luck, and I hope u feel better soon.
Think positive, and all ur hopes and dreams will follow!                   
Callmesunshine
on 7/6/11 3:12 pm - Canton, MI
Thanks! I am trying so hard to get the protein in, but it's killing me. It's making me physically sick because of all thickness. I can get more water in, but the protein is sooo difficult. I feel like such a baby having all these problems. Maybe post-op will be a better time for me. I do have an appt with the bariatric doc tomorrow, so I will be telling him. Maybe he's got some ideas.

thanks again!
roundater
on 7/5/11 8:45 pm - Lincoln, NE
one protein shake with skim milk gets in also 60 grams of protein for me. That plus more water if you have had dehydration. Hope this helps and let me know if I can help. Sorry you are having all the issues.
Rich Sonderegger

Callmesunshine
on 7/6/11 3:14 pm - Canton, MI
Thank you, Rich. I'm really, really trying. I know that I'm not making it though :(  I've gotten tons of water in today and feel better, actually.

Thanks again.

Tammy
roundater
on 7/6/11 8:06 pm - Lincoln, NE

You're welcome. Keep me posted on how you are doing. Thinking about you.

Rich Sonderegger

Ms. Poker Face
on 7/5/11 9:34 pm
Muscle cramps can be a sign of dehydration, which you already know you are struggling with, so really really try to get in more water or other liquids!  It sounds like you are a little low in this area based on what you are consuming.

Muscle cramps can also be a sign of being low in certain vitamins.  Are you taking a multivitamin?  B12?  D?  Calcium?  I think the multivitamin is a must.  The other should be per your doctor's plan.  

I am not a doctor, but this is what I've read and know.  Call your doc if it doesn't resolve soon!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Callmesunshine
on 7/6/11 3:16 pm - Canton, MI
Good advice! I honestly haven't even started taking vitamins, I thought I should wait until after surgery for some odd reason.

Thanks,

Tammy
Lori B.
on 7/5/11 11:00 pm
You need to get more fluids in you...muscle cramping can be from dehydration and low potassium.

Get pedialyte or gatorade G2 and lots of water.

~Lori
~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
Callmesunshine
on 7/6/11 3:16 pm - Canton, MI
Great advice, thanks. I will definitely try. This is so difficult..I had 2 hours of sleep last night because of it.

Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views