how long is post op recovery

katy
on 7/10/11 3:33 am
will be revising from lap band will I be able to go back to desk job in 2 weeks or less
Crissy327
on 7/10/11 3:38 am - NC
Everyone is different for sure, but for me I could have worked a desk job after about 4 days post op. I did have a couple unexpected urgent trips to the bathroom though that could have been bad at work. I have felt fine since surgery though. I am only 9 days post op now and have felt great since day 4.

I would just keep close the restroom. For me, that's the only tricky thing about going back to work. Sounds weird, but I would take a change of clothes to work and leave it there for at least a month, just in case something did happen.

Good luck!
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
(deactivated member)
on 7/10/11 3:46 am - Edmonton, Canada
Yes, everybodys recovery time is different, I was up and walking around within an hour of coming out of the recover rooom..and the next morning slow jogging up a flight of stairs.  I managed to keep my self active as my body was used to that and back to the gym within 2 -3 weeks but walking alot.  Good luck with the surgery and your recovery , you will love to be able to Discover The New You !!!

C
Kristy R.
on 7/10/11 3:52 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I went back to my desk job after 1 week.  I could have probably used 2, but I did pretty well.  Take 2 if you can, it should be more than enough.
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

acbbrown
on 7/10/11 4:00 am - Granada Hills, CA
I went back to work after 10 days. It wasn't a problem going back to work, but I was soooo tired and weak. I am lucky to have a boss who told me I could come/go as I needed. I ended up taking more time off after a couple weeks, but that was just me.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

LittleMissSunshine
on 7/10/11 4:25 am
I took a week off, worked from home the 2nd week and then attended a 2 day conference during week 3... by then my only issue was getting tired easily and the incisions burning/tugging when i moved.  For a desk job, I'd recommend taking 2 full weeks and going back on the 3rd.

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

thethinme
on 7/10/11 6:52 am, edited 7/10/11 6:56 am - NY
I would plan taking 2 weeks. I did need them as it was VERY uncomfortable to seat for long hours in the beginning, and I also felt very weak and tired. I ended up taking 3 but that was too much. 2 are enough.

and then you can always go back after 1 week if you are one of the lucky ones. I prefer people expect me to be away longer than to have to beg later if I need extra time.

I wouldn't take less than 1 week under any cir****tance as you don't know how you will feel until after the surgery.

SW 215=98 | GW 137=62 | CW: 116 lbs = 52.5 kg | 5'4 | lost: 99 lbs=45 kg | goal: 7-9 mo.

roundater
on 7/10/11 9:57 am - Lincoln, NE
I was able to go back within a week of surgery except that I had a lifting restriction of 10 lbs. I work at the post office and could not lift parcels. Check with your surgeon on any restrictions you would have. Also if you have been on pain meds this could affect how soon you can drive since they have narcotics in them. Hope this helps.
Rich Sonderegger

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/11 10:42 am
Hi noticed your post and was amused because im a USPS Clerk in Dallas,Tx. I just had surgery 7/20 Glad to meet you!
roundater
on 7/10/11 10:57 am - Lincoln, NE

Glad to meet you. I work at Main Office Lincoln NE. I normally do passport applications loose in the mail and express mail. As I said I could have been back to work within a week I was feeling so good except for the restriction on lifting (10 lbs for 3 weeks). That did not sit too well with management here who has the attitude of all or nothing as far as return to work for light duty employees. They could have had me doing my passports and loose in mail and carried express with no heavy parcels but they would rather I sit on my butt drawing pay for doing nothing. Makes perfect sense doesn;t it. Did you say your surgery is on 7/20? If so, I hope it is as positive an experience and as smooth as mine was. Minimal pain gone in two days no complications 30 days out feel absolutely great and returned to my preop activities (except gong back to work - I am now on annual that I had scheduled earlier so not on sick leave and will return to work 07/18). GL and will be thinking about you on the 20th.

Rich Sonderegger

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views