Just threw up after taking vitamins

angieb77
on 7/11/11 9:18 am - Blaine, MN
So I got my celebrate free sample kit a few weeks ago.  Now that I have been cleared to start adding vitamins I decided to try some of the vitamins out.  I had purchased the children's multi-vitamins w/iron at my hospital pharmacy and that is what I had been taking so far with no problem.

I took one of the D3 Quick Melts and then a few minutes later I took one of the Multi-Complete Forrest Berry.  The D3 seemed to go down ok.  But when I took the Multi-Complete in Forrest Berry.  I did not like the taste, it was just not very good.  I took a few small sips of water afterwards and then I got a bad feeling in my tummy.  I was going to reach for my Levsin and then my face got really hot and I ran for the emesis container I brought home from the hospital that was still sitting on one of the end tables.  I didn't make it to the bathroom in time but luckily I had the emesis container nearby.  

I feel a lot better now that it came up.  I have no idea what happened or why it happened.  I hadn't eaten recently.  Just been sipping on water.  I've been really trying to push the fluids today because I have not been getting in my full 64 oz.  I've gotten in 54 oz so far today.

HW: 375 SW: 325 CW: 263 GW: 160
Pre-Surgery WL: 50lbs

livingskinny
on 7/11/11 9:21 am - NC
Same exact thing happened to me...I tried them out before my surgery, and everything was fine. Now OMG they make me puke...so I quit taking them, and now I take the Womens One A Day petites...they work great for me, as I have no problem swallowing pills.

roundater
on 7/11/11 9:24 am - Lincoln, NE
Sorry you are having the problem. If it keeps up I would check with you doc.
Rich Sonderegger

Ms. Poker Face
on 7/11/11 9:34 am
That doesn't sound like fun.  Sorry you experienced this.  I'm still using the children's chewables.  I dislike the taste, but they work ok.

Love your new pic by the way!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

angieb77
on 7/11/11 9:43 am - Blaine, MN
I'm going to go back to the children's chewable.  The vitamins are kind of a large size for chewable maybe it was to big of a swallow of vitamin.  I don't know.  Or maybe they just didn't not agree with my tummy. 

Thanks I really am happy with it too.  I've never been a fan of having my picture taken but I figured I should take some new ones to document my progress.

HW: 375 SW: 325 CW: 263 GW: 160
Pre-Surgery WL: 50lbs

skylark2011
on 7/11/11 9:54 am
That happens to me with the BA multivitamins.  I have to suck on them like lozenges in order for me not to get the heaves.  its weird
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 10:05 am - Colleyville, TX
Bariatric vitamins make me throw up.  I've tried various ones and have taken them with food, tried in the morning, tried in the afternoon, tried at night.  Throw up everytime.   Now I take a prenatal at night with a sublingual b-12 and a vitamin D supplement and all is good.   I also take calcium.  My doctor said at my last visit that some people just can't tolerate bariatric vitamins.  All of my vitamin levels were good at 6 months except my vitamin D which is when I added that supplement.

I say take what works for you and adjust if need be when you start having your vitamin levels checked.  My doctor checks at 6 mos and then at 12mos and then annually.

Kelli

jfab1978
on 7/11/11 10:13 am - CA
Same exact thing happened to me with the Celebrate Multi's.  What a waste of money!!  I switched to my kids flintstones and gummy bear vitamins.. so far no problems.

acbbrown
on 7/11/11 10:30 am - Granada Hills, CA
The only multi-vitamins I can keep down are One-a-day chewables. All other ones - my stomach can't tolerate. My other vitamins are okay, but ive had lots of problems with multis.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

ravenssummer
on 7/11/11 10:35 am - West Warwick, RI

I take One a day gummys couldnt stand the BA vitimins made me sick to. I think theres just to much vitiman at once for us just a thought.

HW 348 SW 329 CW 196  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views