please give advice!!! 1-2 year out sleevers!!!

demouchet32
on 7/12/11 9:20 am - Abbeville, LA
Hello everybody!

I havent been on here in a while, but I'm back it's been over a year since surgery, and im not losing any weight in the last 3 months.... is this it!!!! what do I need to do to get back on track..... how can I get the ball rolling again....  I've only losted 100lbs....  I'm happy about it, but I need to get at least 30 more lbs. off!!!!  Is this possible.... I went from a 22 pants to a 12-14 I'm happy but not satisfied yet.OH help me help myself please... where are the may flowers!!!!!
loverofcats
on 7/12/11 9:58 am
I'm not quite a year out-yet, but the following tools have worked for me:

1. food journaling.

2. weighing and measuring my food

3. no rice, bread, pasta, sugar, fast food, etc.

4. exercise 4-6 times/week, including weight training. If you are exercising, maybe, it is time to increase the frequency and/or intensity. If you're not strength training, then add that.

5. Support groups

What is keeping you from losing? Are you on plan? or have you allowed some bad carbs in?

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/11 10:21 am
I would love to help you figure this out, but first you need to give me more information.  If you are journaling your food, please tell me how many calories you are eating, how many proteins, how many carbs.  If you are not journaling, that is the very first thing you need to do.  Eat between 600-800 cals. a day, 70 g. or protein, and under 40 carbs.  Drink like a fish and keep checking in on the board.
Elaine2
on 7/12/11 10:26 am - Atlanta, GA

I was an April shower!  and I'm still working towards goal with a ways to go.

Only lost 100 pounds????  An achievement...celebrate it !!!!

I would go back to what you did to lose that 100 pounds....
***Set your calorie, protein, carb and fluid goals
***Record everything in myfitnesspal or other software
***Change up or add to your exercise plan

You can do it...just recommit and focus like you did in the beginning.

Dawnie 88
on 7/12/11 10:34 am
I'm an April baby!  First of all...congrat's on that 100 lbs..awesome!!

I did stall out for 2-3 mths..losing nothing..then it all of sudden started coming off again.  Just go back to protein first, lots of water..and exercise...and hopefully if you are doing all those things..the weight will just start coming off again.

diane S.
on 7/12/11 11:14 am
Sounds like you are doing quite well. 100 lbs is great. Other posters have given good advice. You can also go to the vsg maintenance group (see address below my ticker) and go through some of the older posts. there are lots and lots from people who have gotten a bit off track and want to restart the weight loss and finish up. Many good stories. You can do it. Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views