Dying over here!!!

crazyduck
on 7/13/11 3:57 am - Maurepas, LA
Ok I am on day 24 of this liquid diet, and have 7 more days of this ****!!! Im so fed up!!!! I am soooooo hungry! My surgery is scheduled for 7-20-11. I am just so weak, and grouchy. Help, any advise? I have been so good. From my last weigh in at doc, she told me I had to lose 14 pds before surgery. They pushed back my surgery 2 times, and I have gone from 284 to 262pd. Any tips??? thanks Leigh
Think positive, and all ur hopes and dreams will follow!                   
Could_It_Be
on 7/13/11 3:59 am
I found hunger was wiped out with a protein shake, do they satisfy your hunger?

SF popsicles
soups, strained
decaf tea
jello

VSG on 6/22/11
crazyduck
on 7/13/11 4:01 am - Maurepas, LA
I am doing all the above.
Think positive, and all ur hopes and dreams will follow!                   
FatGuyInALittleCoat
on 7/13/11 4:02 am - New Orleans
No magic pieces of advice, just words of support.  You've come a very long way, and you're almost to the end of the pre-op process.  Don't make a bad decision that will sabotage your hard work.  This is a life-changing surgery and any short-term inconveniences are well worth it. 

Why don't you take a pen & piece of paper and start making a list of all the reasons you are having this surgery?  Then make a list of the things you want to do once you lose the excess weight and are truly able to live?  Maybe the time spent in thought & reflection will help solidify your resolve.  All the best to you.

Current weight: 170 lbs.

Once I reach goal, this cow will be killed & eaten... 2 ounces at a time.

Total includes 56 lbs. lost on 2-month low carb pre-op diet.  Start date 9/13/10.

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/11 4:03 am
I found that the the liquid diet was the hardest part of this whole process.  You are almost through the worst part of it.  You need to do this to shrink your liver, so keep at it and it will pass.  It sucks, it's hard but it WILL pass.  Hang in there.  I wish I had better words of advice.  Just stay the strong.
theshrinkingmimi
on 7/13/11 4:05 am
Sorry, I'm so stunned by your post. I have no advice. 24 days? 14 more pounds?  I've never heard of being told an amount to lose unless you were a lot bigger- like 400+ lbs.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
peepster47
on 7/13/11 5:49 am
My insurance company required that I lose 10% of my weight before I could get approved. 

HW   367          SW   335        
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/11 4:06 am
First- you've done great!! 2nd, you have the patience of a saint for dealing with this.. 3rd, I think you owe it to yourself to do something that will get the endorphins moving.. get a foot massage or back massage, something that feels really good! It will help with the energy and grouchies.. and if you haven't- go out and get some sublingual B12 (methylcobalamin form- better absorbed) and start taking them now.. it may really help with the energy and mood too. 

kimbethin
on 7/13/11 4:07 am - CA
I know it sounds crazy right now  to you, but try some walking to boost the metabolism and speed up that last bit of weight loss.  If it's too hot try the mall but avoid the food court area, the smells kill me!  You've been doing great so far- YOU CAN DO IT!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Mom4Jazz
on 7/13/11 4:13 am

I was on a liquid diet for 6 weeks. I can think of a lot of things to describe it, but fun wasn't one of them. However, I survived.

On the plus side - I started at 319. By surgery I weighed 284, down 35 lbs! That's 35 lbs less that I have to lose now.

I drank lots of protein shakes because they filled me up. I probably drank 5 a day pre-op. Space them out every 3 hours and halfway in between have a sugar free popsicle or sugar free jello or something.

You can do this!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op