Heading to San Diego in the morning for my surgery with Dr. Aceves on Monday!

judyalbertson
on 7/16/11 3:50 am
Well, the time is getting very close now!  I have been working hard to get things well-organized around here before I go.  It's amazing how much we moms do without anyone in the family realizing it!  I am a labor and delivery nurse and I am also a labradoodle breeder.  I have a litter of puppies that are almost 6 weeks old now and I have a goldendoodle litter due the week after I get back.  My husband is off next week on vacation so I  know he and my daughters will take good care of the house and puppies for me. 
I have been on a high-protein, low carb diet this week, which is Dr. Aceve's pre-op diet.  We went to Beni Hanna last night for my daughter's 20th BD and I realized that that will be the largest meal I will ever have again!  Such good shirmp and chicken...I know I can have it in the future, but certainly not in the amt. that they serve.
So, I so hope everything will go well on Monday....I'll check in soon!

soulsister
on 7/16/11 4:15 am - NY
Yay! Good luck to you! I heard he is excellent!
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/11 6:29 am
Not your last big meal, I promise! LOL

The first night after all of your pre-op stuff they take you to the hotel and there is a great resturaunt in the hotel for your last meal.

I went all out. Rack of lamb, taters, omg all the goodies. haha

Good luck and God speed madam!
judyalbertson
on 7/16/11 6:57 am
LOL!  But, if I eat a bunch the night before I will have all of that sitting in my gut needing to come out after surgery!  Was that an issue for you at all?  Increased gas?
Thanks for your good wishes!

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/11 7:04 am
 Not a bit. I had the same as everyone else. There is plenty of time for everything to digest through your system before surgery. He'll just have you take a penicillin the night before and ingest nothing past 10pm. You'll be fine!  I was just there in May.
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/11 7:05 am
 oh and download a currency converter for your cellphone before leaving the states. Helps a ton when you get the huge sticker price on your dinner bill and have no idea how much it is costing you LMAO

Mine was 416  which roughly worked out to 50 bucks. 
judyalbertson
on 7/16/11 7:16 am
Thanks!  Good to know!

Susan M.
on 7/16/11 7:24 am
 Good luck to you. Can't wait to hear how everything goes. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how quickly you'll feel better and wanting to get out and walk around. Remember to take things slowly at first, walk a lot, and sip your water, and don't forget to rest often. 

judyalbertson
on 7/16/11 7:27 am
Thanks, Susan!
Crissy327
on 7/16/11 10:22 am - NC
I was just there two weeks ago!

They do a fantastic job!

I asked for nausea medicine before they woke me since I always get sick when they knock me out. They gave me that and a spinal tap, so I woke up happy as a lark. I never did have pain.

I am sure you will do great. I was more bored than anything. You might bring something to do.

Good luck and let us know how it goes:)
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views