Revision from lap band to Gastric Sleeve

cancelsbronx
on 7/17/11 8:00 am - Stamford, CT
Hello all,

Six days out of surgery and doing pretty good.  I lost about 18 pounds and feel great.  I loved my band but had gained about 20 lbs after my slip a few months ago.  I am pretty compliant since I am used to the changes of having the band for near three years.  I wanted to know, I am on the four by four rule, which means that in order to stay hydrated I need to consume four ounces of liquid whether Jello, my protein, water, sugar free popsicle etc.  If I was a little more thursty and drank a little more than the four ounces does anyone know if it would harm me?  I drink very slow but its been kind a hot here in NYC.  

Thanks,

Santos Bronx, NY 

novascotiadawn
on 7/17/11 8:22 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Noooo don't limit yourself to fluids...drink, drink, drink! Your body will be thankful that you did!!!

Your rockin your new sleeve...Well wishes!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

cancelsbronx
on 7/17/11 2:13 pm - Stamford, CT
Thanks for your encouragement. 

Regards,

Santos

cdepietro
on 7/17/11 12:34 pm
I am having my sleeve on 7-25 and I had my band out on 3-21. I am excited glad you are feeling well...'

cancelsbronx
on 7/17/11 2:12 pm - Stamford, CT
Thanks, good luck on your surgery.

Santos

wert
on 7/17/11 3:04 pm - MN
I guess I don't know what the four by four rule is. I've never heard of it. I'm supposed to drink at least 64 oz. of fluid a day. Or more. Drinking more water won't hurt. Don't slam it down, of course. But drinking throughout the day is a good thing. 

Good luck with your sleeve. Welcome!

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque