Introducing myself!

stepmomster
on 7/16/11 1:07 pm
Hello! I have been lurking on this forum for a little while and thought I should finally introduce myself.

I am 27 years old and I am sick and tired of being fat,sick and tired! I am just starting this journey and I am hoping to have the VSG this fall. 

I currently live in Central California and have Kaiser insurance. I am working at doing all the steps that Kaiser requires and so far I have attended the Bariatric seminar and orientation. I have also had my appointments with the nutritionist and mental health which both have cleared Me   My next step is to meet with the surgeon which is currently scheduled for August 11th. I have Ulcerative Colitis and am hoping that this will not get in the way of having the surgery.

Due to having Ulcerative Colitis (which affect the intestines) I was personally against having Gastric Bypass because I was nervous to mess with the intestines. I was also leary of the lap band and just as of April 2011 did I become aware of the VSG which I believe with be a good fit for me

I am married to a wonderful man who is also hoping to have the VSG this fall.  Along with being a wife, I am also a stepmother to three beautiful girls ages 10, 13 and 16!

I look forward to getting to know you all better as I continue on this journey!!

Chalk
on 7/16/11 1:13 pm - TN
VSG on 01/09/12

Welcome to our little corner of the internet. I've not yet had surgery - have one more month on the 6 month supervised diet - but come here most days to learn about and share. Hope you find this place as helpful as I do. Lots of nice people.

Pre-Op Weight Loss 20 lbs ~~~~~ Surgery Weight 289

Goal weight 180  ~~~~~~  6'0"

Month 1 (21 lbs) ~~~ Month 2 (10 lbs) ~~~ Month 3 (14 lbs) ~~~ Month 4 (12 lbs) ~~~ Month 5 (9 lbs) ~~~ Month 6 (11 lbs) ~~~ Month 7 (10 lbs) ~~~~ Month 8 (8 lbs) ~~~ Month 9 (9 lbs) ~~~ Month 10 (6 lbs)

Goal Reached in 10 months  

New_me2011
on 7/16/11 7:16 pm - NY
VSG on 02/14/12
On July 16, 2011 at 8:13 PM Pacific Time, Chalk wrote:

Welcome to our little corner of the internet. I've not yet had surgery - have one more month on the 6 month supervised diet - but come here most days to learn about and share. Hope you find this place as helpful as I do. Lots of nice people.

Absolutely agree with Chalk- I am also planning to have surgery this fall and have been a member of OH for over 2 months-tremendous information and support and tremendously kind, helpful and supportive people on this site. Welcome, check in often, and best of luck to you as you begin this amazing journey-"welcome to the family!"
chris1021
on 7/16/11 1:16 pm - DeQuincy, LA
welcome to OH :) and congrats on your VSG journey. this is an exciting time for you and your husband. before you know it aug will be here and your surgery will have come and gone lol. good luck!!!
*hugs*

~Don't be afraid to lose what was never meant to be~

@}~CHRIS~{@

vjb1952
on 7/16/11 1:45 pm - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
     Welcome to O.H....and this board in particular!  Congratulations on your decision to pursue WLS, and the VSG in particular...August will be here before you know it!  Please update us how your consultation goes, and if you have any questions, there are lots of knowledgeable, compassionate people who can and will answer.  Best wishes along your journey,  Viv 

vjb1952

roundater
on 7/16/11 2:32 pm - Lincoln, NE
Welcome!! Hope your surgery experience is as smooth and positive as mine. Keep checking in and let us know how it is going for you and if I can help in any way!
Rich Sonderegger

Pam M.
on 7/16/11 9:00 pm - Orland Hills, IL
Welcome, Welcome!!!!!!!!!

This is a great board!!!!!! The people here ROCK and you will get tons of advise/support from them! They will also kick you in your ass when you need it!!!!!!!!!!  LOL

So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key!!        
roundater
on 7/16/11 9:20 pm - Lincoln, NE
Concur 100%. Please keep checking in and let us know if we can help you.
Rich Sonderegger

Jenijeni
on 7/16/11 10:36 pm
Welcome!! Hope you get things moving quickly! Looks like you have a good support group... I have three of my own and two steps. Love 'em all!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

MrsClaus09
on 7/16/11 11:16 pm
Welcome to the board!!  This is a great place - filled with loads of info, wonderful, helpful people and a TON of support!  Hope you stick around!  VSG, for me, is the BEST thing I've ever done for myself...it's giving me my life back...one day at a time!  
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views