5 months out and need veteran advice

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 6:02 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
On July 18, 2011 at 6:20 PM Pacific Time, USAF Wife wrote:
Personally, I won't ever do just liquids.
1) I did enough of that crap post-op
2) For me, and my mentality on dieting, liquids only is nothing different than crashing dieting, and I did enough of that crap in the past

Now, I will tell you that I do a complete carb detox by eating all protein, and any carbs I get in from dairy such as greek yogurt or cheese. With that being said, I essentially go back to my losing stage intake which is no more than 30 grams of carbs per day. If I really want to detox carbs, I go all meat and eggs for a couple of days, and then bring in some dairy.

I never stalled in my losing stage, but when I gained weight after a holiday binge, I didn't go back to liquids, just eliminated carbs from my diet and I dropped those pounds uber fast.
What Tiff said.  For me and my old behaviors going back to liquids is a return to the crash diet, which is an old bad habit for me.

I always just go back to the middle of the road, cut out all unneccesary carbiness and focus on proteins and movement.

I never stalled out either, I just kept on chugging along. 

Its not thrilling or excited and you do not get revved up - but its not another "I will do this until...." and then return to a way of being that never was a long term answer before, but it instilled good habits and moderate behavior.
hollykim
on 7/18/11 1:02 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
First off, if you feel like you re going to die from hunger on an all liquid diet post op,you are not drinking enough of what ever you are drinking. Increase the amount of shakes,liquids,etc,whatever you are drinking until you are not hungry.

secondly,check out WWW.5daypouchtest.com. it is a 'return to basics' and carb detox plan that many have used,including myself,with very good results. it is designed for RNY'ers but works for VSG'ers as well. They will want you to buy the book but click on the link that says "take me to the 5 day pouch test" and you can read/copy the menus and recipes for free plus the entire plan.

GL,
Holly

faylavi
on 7/19/11 1:55 am - Laurel, MD
Sheka

I tried going all liquids agian and lasted 5 hoursso I went back to eating.  Eventually it evens out.  I guess right now I am tired of feeling like I am dieting.  So i am taking a mental break, but weighing daily to make sure i dont break anything else.

Fay

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views