veg puree 9oz is it normal-restriction?????

priyankawillshine
on 7/18/11 2:21 am
I'm 4 week post-op and have just begin pureed diet.  Please help me with these questions: 

1.  Did you notice a difference in feeling full when you transitioned from liquids to pureed?

2..  Do you think you were able to consume more liquids/pureed during the day ?

i just finished a 9oz bowl of veg puree: spinach, tomato,onion, and 4oz cottage cheese boiled and then blended in my blender. total measure was 9 oz .i didn't take liquid 90 min before and after the puree. 

is it normal that i dint feel restriction,  at this stage , ?
then when do i start to feel restriction?

Thanks!

LilySlim - (m9B4)
emelar
on 7/18/11 2:34 am - TX
Purees are just a thicker liquid and still move through your stomach quickly.  You'll feel restriction when you start eating dense protein.
George B.
on 7/18/11 4:12 am - Miami, FL
Completely agree.

cattywompos
on 7/18/11 2:50 am

Like Emelar said, pureed is not much more consitency than liquid. And you have a lot of veggies in there and veggies, for me, are a slider food.   It also depends on how long it took you to fini****  If you drank it down in a couple minutes...I would worry. but my bet is that it took you awhile.

HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

priyankawillshine
on 7/18/11 3:56 am
yes i finished the whole puree in 35 min. but if veggie is a slider food then what should i eat?
because i am a vegitarian. but i do eggs .

LilySlim - (m9B4)
priyankawillshine
on 7/18/11 3:53 am, edited 7/18/11 3:58 am
yester day i made an egg salad too, and ate it all off...... didnt feel any restriction with that too?????

LilySlim - (m9B4)
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 4:00 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Girlie, you are on mushies.  They will slide.  If you can sma**** through your fork its slidery/mushy.

If you are on mushies because you are SUPPOSED to be, then do not try anything else that is not a mushie. 

You are just going to have a chill a bit and remind yourself that solids are coming, but right now your job is to heal. 
priyankawillshine
on 7/18/11 4:40 am
okay brandilynn ,
ill take your advise and heal,
it just scares me.

whether  the restriction their or not??
ill wait of the solids to come along ...

when did you guys start on solids??

thanks
hugs
p

LilySlim - (m9B4)
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 4:44 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

Does not matter when we started on solids, YOU follow your doctor's advice babygirl.

Being afraid is not going to do you any good, we can only say so many times "yes, when you eat solid food you will have restriction" and you will see when you get there, but being afraid will not make it come any faster or happen any differently. 

Be sweet to you, heal up, you are doing fine! 

jengo1971
on 7/18/11 4:56 am
Brandilynn, you always know just what to say!

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 430 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 449 views