After getting off TPN

justeric78
on 7/19/11 11:50 pm - Houston, TX
I have been off now for about two weeks and have found that I have stopped losing weight for the most part. Did any of you that had complications requiring a TPN go thorugh an adjusting phase? I have been able to finally get back to the gym a few times and have been counting my calories (minus a small amount of splurging after being able to eat again). I am just wondering if it is a regular stall or adjustment period or if my metabolism is really that messed up from the two months of nothing by mouth. Let me know your experiences please!

USAF Wife
on 7/20/11 12:33 am
I was on TPN for over 2 weeks with about 1800 calories a day being pushed via the TPN. I never experienced any stalls during that time of transition to regular foods. However, I was only eating protein based foods, and didn't allow more than 30gr of carbs into my body during my losing stage.

I would venture to guess it's just a stall, and continuing with your post-op guideline, the scale will move again.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

justeric78
on 7/20/11 12:46 am - Houston, TX
I guess I just got used to the massive amount of weight I was losing during that period of my journey and was worried I was doing something wrong now since it is basically like being 2 weeks out. I promised myself before my surgery I would not be one to post about a stall but hey nothing is the same after the knife I suppose. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 465 views