Nasty cold

Megdrassil
on 7/20/11 1:40 am - MI
Blah.. this horrible humidity that is plaguing the midwest has my sinuses going insane.  I've got a nasty sore throat from the drainage and what little appetite I had is now completely gone.. and when I do eat, I get this horrible wave of nausea.   Just now, I threw up most of my egg salad :(

Anyone else find it miserable to be sick while having been sleeved??  I'm not sure if I should just keep drinking powerade to keep my self hydrated or keep trying to eat??

George B.
on 7/20/11 1:57 am - Miami, FL
Concentrate more on the liquids and keeping hydrated.

Feel better soon.

George

MN_Mama
on 7/20/11 4:37 am
George is right.....liquids are the most important. 

Also, trying to eat while your head is draining into your stomach is like drinking water right on top of a meal.  Pretty much a guaranteed upset stomach.

I caught a bug, and was told by the nurse to get liquids in, and if it lasts more than a day or two, throw some protein shakes and even loose, pureed foods in if needed to get some nutrition in.  That way the liquids from your head don't pool up making you ill.   They just move through with the rest of it.

You may want to check with your GP on if you should be on some type of allergy medicine, like loratadine (Claritin) or something.  If it's more that a few days, it may not be a cold.

Hope you feel better soon. 

Megdrassil
on 7/20/11 6:55 am - MI
 i'm already on claratin :(  

Thank you for all of your adivce!! I'll definitely give it a go.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views