concernes sbout surgery 07-20-11

crazyduck
on 7/23/11 2:33 am - Maurepas, LA
First of all Tulane University Hospital,is a teaching hospital. Well my surgeon has done thousands of these sleeves. He also is a surgeon for the veterans. BUT most, not all, but alot of the nurses, doc, and others are 1 2 amd 3 term docs, etc. Well my first demand was to be given a central line. I personally told the real Annesthishia, My veins blow are small and roll. Did they, no! amd my arms look horrible! Plus they dopped me up so much my husband said he had to keep wakinhg me up to breathe. I stayed totally toasted, and prob could of died, and they gave me diluta, and bearly visited my room to check on me. Then they send me home 3 huge pint size loratabs. I really can't believe this! oh and I only met my surgeon inthe or. he never came out to talk to my husband. I was a medicaide patient, amd he is the only one that accepts medicaide in Louisiana. Basically I was left on my own. Thank God my daughter stayed with me the whole time.Oh and also , I had surgery ay 8 am wed morning amd one of the interns took off all 7 bandages so it left them exposed so everytime my shirt moves they come up a little more and im or was glued up. so now im being exposed. Im going to my regular doctor and have him look at them. I am just happy I came out ok, and now am having such a hard time getting all my protein and water down. thanks for watching. Leigh
Think positive, and all ur hopes and dreams will follow!                   
bigcurvy
on 7/23/11 2:52 am - Berwick, LA
the dr didnt come out and speak to my sister either... i have small veins and when i tell you they stuck me 15 or so times im not exaggerating at all and the one guy hit a bone in my hand woth the needle in his effort .. my arms where black and blue.. im alergic to adhesive and they still put tape on me... i didnt meet him till O.R. either.. if it wasnt for my sister i cant imagine how bad things would have been for me..im almost 4 weeks out and im finally getting about 50+ of water and about 35 of protein its the best since surgery but i was told it could be 3 months till we are able to get all our protein in... Im not happy you went through this but now i know i wasnt the only one....
The_Chungs
on 7/23/11 4:30 am
I am so so sorry that you had to go through such an awful experience and I hope that both of you recover from your experience in optimum health.  If you haven't already, please, please, please, find your surgeon's page on here (or create one) and put your stories on there so that others who consider going there and/or to him for their surgery are aware of what to expect. You may just save someone's life!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -  Confucius  
Height:  5'10  HW:  400  SW:  374.6  GW:  160    

Marcia B.
on 7/25/11 4:15 am - CA
I agree with "The_Chungs" you need to make a page on OH for that doctor.  So sorry you had such a horrible experience :( it's sad when you hear or read about doctors and medical personnel treating patients that way.  My mom is a nurse and she would have been yelling at everyone :) Glad you made it through.  Take care.
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

cancelsbronx
on 7/25/11 12:04 pm - Stamford, CT
I think that you should write a letter to that doctor.  It does not matter whether your insurance is Medicaid or you charged it on your Visa, physicians/surgeons are bound to a code of ethics and have an ethical obligation to treat patients with regard and respect at all times.  You also have the patient bill of rights that protects your rights as a patient.  You would be doing him a favor if you remind him of his bed side manners rather than reporting him to the Office of The Professions or complaining to the hospital administrator. 

Regards,

Santos in Bronx, NY 

crazyduck
on 7/25/11 1:56 pm - Maurepas, LA
Thanks! Will do...
Think positive, and all ur hopes and dreams will follow!                   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 408 views