Is 11 days out to soon for mushys

mythreechildren2001
on 7/24/11 2:20 am
Every dr is different, and you should do what your dr/nut says.  My dr allowed me to go home on liquids and purees.  I had yogurt my first  full day home (2 days post).  I was cleared to start eating soft foods at 7 days out.  I ate oatmeal w/milk, tuna, pinto beans, string cheese, etc.  I'm 12 days post op, and I have been eating 1/2 turkey sausage patty and 1/2 egg for breakfast and have tolerated that well.  I was even allowed to have dry cereal/milk which I had yesterday for the first time.  I can't eat much at all, but it's so nice to have variety again.

But again...do what your dr tells you!  Best wishes!!
califsleevin
on 7/24/11 2:44 am - CA
It does seem like some of these very extensive liquid programs are overkill, but as with other posts, follow your doctor's program. I started mushies in the hospital and was poking at more solid things within a week, but our docs have their reasons for their programs.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/11 6:28 am
I'm another one who was allowed pureed/mushies after the 1st week. At week 5 I can start incorporating solids. so far I've done great with refried beans but can eat less than 1/4 cup of them. But with a little low-fat cheese and greek yogurt - man that is the stuff!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views