Is 11 days out to soon for mushys

twinsand1
on 7/23/11 3:01 pm - SC
I would love to have some insight on this.. I will be 11 days tomorrow and would love to have some refried beans... yummy...

Just wanted to ask,,

Angela
08/2006 lapband (Dr. de la garza Mexico)282 lbs
09/2008 emergency band removal (Dr. Givens, SC)132lbs
currently weigh 298 lbs
Sleeved 07/13/2011 Ramos Kelly

acbbrown
on 7/23/11 3:07 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I've seen people starting on mushies by day 11. I was not allowed to until day 14, but really, you should follow what ever your doc said. I know that's the default answer around here, but they know best - they (for the most part) know what they are doing.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Sandy S.
on 7/23/11 3:24 pm
I am 6 weeks out, yes I said 6, and just starting pureedfood.  I ditto follow your doc,  I don't know why my doc wants liquids longer than other docs, but I trusted him to cut out most of my stomach, so I will trust him to guide me with my food.  Best of luck!  Easy does it if this is your first semi solid food.

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
Smardeepants
on 7/23/11 3:24 pm
I agree that you should stick with what your surgeon said.

That being said, I was cleared for mushies a week after discharge from the hospital (so, around day 10). I tried food first around day 11, and went slow. It was still VERY heavy, and I really didn't eat much at all (even though I was excited to).

Hang in there, won't be long now! 

lanunes
on 7/23/11 3:27 pm - CA

Incisions take 10-14 days to heal. So any additional tension could cause a problem (ex:Leak)
      Leslie Nunes              
acbbrown
on 7/23/11 3:54 pm - Granada Hills, CA
What kind of incisions? Inside? I'm 6 weeks out and my external incisions haven't healed :-p

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Heleena33
on 7/23/11 3:38 pm - Custer, WA
Did you know it actually takes around 6 weeks for the stomach to heal?
I had to be on full liquids one week, started pureed 7 days out, then Wed. will go to mushy foods. So about 16 days out of surgery to start mushy.
Didn't your nutritionist give you instructions?

Susan0714
on 7/23/11 9:34 pm - Kenner, LA
I too was not allowed pureed foods until I was 14 days out..

I would also stick with what your nutritionist tells you.. When do you see your doctor and nutritionist again?

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Lesha
on 7/23/11 11:59 pm - TN
I was originally told day 14 BUT at day 10 I went to see surgeon for postop visit and he said to go ahead w/mushies~ I have had NO problems with them..Of course everyone is different but I started at 10 days without an issue
In_It_To_Lose_It
on 7/24/11 1:19 am - MI
I'm 11 days post-op today, and would love love anything other than liquids.  My doctor is a little more strict - he advised 4-6 weeks of liquids post-op, which is going to be hard.  Next week I have my 2 week post-op appt, and I plan on asking if I can have a little yogurt or something.  My neighbor started incorporating soft foods at 2 weeks out.  I'm hoping to get the go ahead.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views