4 days away from being 7 months out

Miss Amour
on 7/25/11 4:14 am
VSG on 12/29/10 with
Well I have lost 70 lbs so far.  Typing the number even seems awkward.  Now I am at the point that I only see the difference because of the number on the scale and my clothing size.  About 5 times last week at work, someone stopped me and asked if I lost weight.  Then I even got the comment that I look like another person.  I've almost wanted to duck because then people begin to ask what I did.  So I start the well I watch what I eat and exercise, blah blah blah.  

I almost don't know how to handle the compliment.  I say thanks but inside I wonder if I looked bad before.  It definitely feels weird but I'm so glad I did it.

kanga003
on 7/25/11 4:28 am
I know what you mean!  I am worried to go back to school... I *hope* to have lost 100lbs by September and I am a teacher....

I posted about it before... I think the best advice was to say "Thanks!  I am working with my doctor to get healthy.  Where did you get that necklace... I LOVE it!"  or something likr that.  It's up to you if you want to share anyhing else...

Good Job!!!
nasia27
on 7/25/11 4:33 am - District Heights, MD
 I think people have gotten to see you as that plus size woman for so long or whatever that when you show them a change they are taken back. I don't think any of us look ugly with the weight on as a matter of face I know we don't look bad but I think once we lose that fat off of our face you can see our actual features and people are like wow including yourself because your (we) are so use to the chubby face. So enjoy the compliments, dont think of them as negative keep a positive attitude no matter what :-) 

70lbs!!! GEEZ I can't wait to do that one, you go ms big loser 

Miss Amour
on 7/25/11 4:35 am
VSG on 12/29/10 with
Thanks.  The first thing people said months ago was I can tell in your face.  I would go home look in the mirror and then stare at a picture.  I finally can see it now.  I wish I could do like in Men in Black and zap the old me from their memory.

nasia27
on 7/25/11 4:40 am - District Heights, MD
 Yeah I am so curious to how I am going to look in the face since they say thats the first place, as long as I don't look like no crackhead Im good LOLOL... hahahaha I feel ya I am sure it can be a bit overwhelming, but you have been through enough to enjoy the compliments say thanks and keep it moving!! keep up the great work girl !!

debk21
on 7/25/11 4:35 am - Mansfield, TX
Congratulations on your success!  Bask in the glory Miss Amour!  Enjoy the compliments because they will keep on coming as you continue to lose.  You are doing great and have worked hard to get there.  You deserve every one of those compliments!!!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

alicia601
on 7/26/11 4:18 am - NY
Congrats on your success. I am going to out of surgery 6 months on aug 7 and let me tell you I hear the same things as you. I sometimes think wow did I look so bad before ? However I have a sarcastic, funny personality so I say just this" Yeah I know but did I look bad at 260 ? " then I laugh and they laugh and they realize sometimes how it could be taken by us. I say thank you and I am not ashamed to tell them I had surgery. I am proud of what I did and you would be surprised how many people say oh my friend..sister..mother etc... is thinking abt a weight loss surgery ... I am certain everyone out there knows someone who is thinking abt the surgery  so therefore I am far from ashamed to say yep I had surgery and it was the best thing I have ever done for myself. My marriage has gotten stronger, I have more energy , I shop in reg stores now, I dont feel like ppl are looking at me because  I am the heaviest chick in the room anymore. Its breath taking how this surgery has changed my life. I am down 75 pounds since my surgery. I would love to go to 140 but even 150 or 160 is fne. Anything is better and healthier then 260. I am so happy to hear abt your success and I wish you nothing but continued success in the future. Keep up the great work and that is meant for everyone out there on OH... be positive and be healthy and love life,. This is a new life for us all !

Miss Amour
on 7/26/11 4:34 am
VSG on 12/29/10 with
Well said.  I have that sarcastic bug too and have been known to say, "Was my face that fat before?"  You are right though about the things people ask.  It has caused me to be mindful of how I ask questions because they can be misinterpreted especially when that is a sore subject.  Only a few people know and the less I tell the less headache I have.  The only time it seems obvious is when I am at a food function.  Making up a lie is much better than me saying none of your business :-)  Yesterday afternoon someone commented on my weight and then asked me if I had surgery or anything.  How bold!  I just told him no.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views