PCOS heavy periods and cramps TMI

angieb77
on 7/23/11 6:20 am - Blaine, MN
I never had regular periods before surgery.  My first period prior to surgery lasted 14 days and was very heavy 12 of those days.  My cramping wasn't too bad because it happened immediately after surgery and I was still on roxicet pain meds at the beginning of my period.

So I got my period last night.  My period was so heavy it soaked through my pad and onto the sheets lovely mess to clean up in the morning.  I know TMI..  The only thing my surgeon said I could take after surgery was adult liquid tylenol.  I'm curious what you girls have done used for bad cramping and period issues. 

I was really not wanting to go onto the pill because I wanted my periods to finally be able to regulate on their own and I didn't want to go on it because we do want to get pregnant as soon as the doctor gives us the okay and I am at a healthy weight.  I don't want to have to worry about dealing with getting the pill out of my system in the past it took almost a year for my periods to restart after stopping the pill.

I was never one to be able to take midol before surgery it made me physically sick.  Before surgery I had bad cramps but I was only getting a couple periods a year and the cramping really wasn't that bad and I would take motrin or advil.

I took some adult liquid tylenol about an hour ago and I feel a little bit of relief.  I'm allergic to adhesive so I don't know if they make any of those heat strips that you can put onto your underwear and not on your body.  Playtex a long time ago used to make one like that but I have not seen it around for years.

HW: 375 SW: 325 CW: 263 GW: 160
Pre-Surgery WL: 50lbs

Jessica Houston
on 7/23/11 6:55 am - Wichita, KS
Thermacare makes some instant hot packs that have an elastic belt on them, but if you are like me that belt is nowhere near fitting.  However you can tuck it in your panties.  Or just use a normal heating pad on low.  Usually does the trick for me!
HW: 245lbs SW:232lbs; CW: 206.2lbs;  GW:125lbs  Height 5ft 2in 

MrsHelm1012
on 7/23/11 9:54 am - Washingtonville, PA
I have PCOS too. Ugh. Right now I have my 3rd period since surgery. The 1st one started the day after surgery... It was a normal period for me, as was the one last month. But this month, OMG... It is extremely heavy and painful!!! I am constantly wearing huge night time pads, even during the day. I am on oxycodone and soma from a car accident a few weeks ago (2 broken ribs and terrible neck pain from whip lash.. Had a broken neck a few years ago, so that doesnt help) so those meds are really helping with the pain. I dont know how far out you are from surgery... But I usually take Aleve for cramps and backache, and it helps a lot. Good luck!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views