"Best" non-flavored protein powder?

ruggie
on 7/25/11 10:17 am - Sacramento, CA
Hey fellow VSGers ...

I posted in the main forum asking about whether I should drink cow milk (has carbs and protein) or soy milk (has more protein, less carbs, but also phytoestrogens, possible not good for man-boobs).  People asked me why I was making shakes with either at all, and it's because I'm trying to get a protein boost.... getting in 70-100 grams a day is tough.

As a scientist, I often overthink things, and a few people told me to just add more protein powder in, duh.  They recommended a non-flavored protein powder into my semi-solids like cottage cheese and yogurt to really get the protein up.

I hadn't seen unflavored protein powders before.  What do you guys like?  Isopure?  Unjury?  I know I can do a search and find something, but I like a 'fresh' look in case something new is out. Also, where do you buy them at a good price?

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

ruggie
on 7/25/11 10:20 am - Sacramento, CA
Oh yeah, while we're at it, I'm getting tired of these 'flavored' protein shakes like chocolate, vanilla.  Anyone recommend a great brand, dissolves well, low-carb, that is like fruit punch or crystal light?

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/11 10:41 am, edited 7/25/11 10:43 am
Syntrax Nectar sounds like it would fit the bill. 
It's my fav unflavored & flavored.. no carbs.
Here's an email I got when I contacted them about samples.. the only one that they don't send is the unflavored.. I buy that in big tubs as I use it in my coffee..

eta: I prefer them diluted vs mixing them strong.. but they are very good.. mix with room temp water, then add ice. Don't use a blender, or blenderball.. just a shaker or small whisk.. 

We are currently offering a one time only, limit one per person special on theNectar ‘Variety Sampler’ containing 13 full serving packets of the following flavors:  Apple Ecstasy, Caribbean Cooler, Crystal Sky, Fuzzy Navel, Lemon Tea, Pink Grapefruit, Roadside Lemonade, Strawberry Kiwi, Twisted Cherry, Chocolate Truffle, Strawberry Mousse, Vanilla Bean Torte and Latte Cappuccino.  The price is $13.00.  The Nectar Variety Sampler receives FREE SHIPPING and orders typically arrive in 2-5 business days via UPS Ground.  If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please give us a call at 866-333-7403 x 801.  Our hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm Central time. 
jessajess82
on 7/25/11 11:04 am - MO
Thank you so much for the info.  I just had my first whey vanialla protein shake and had to choke it down.  YUCK!

ruggie
on 7/27/11 6:48 am - Sacramento, CA
I just ordered my 13 flavor pack sampler for $13 - thanks so much for posting this!!  I'm really excited to receive it next week, so I can find which flavor I like best.  I'm hoping the Apple Ecstasy might work for frozen protein-sicles!

amkent25
on 7/25/11 11:10 am - IN
beneprotein is a powder that is odorless, tastless and will not make your drinks gritty. I add this to a glass of water or hot tea etc... hot drinks such as tea takes less stiring of the drink as the powder disolves quickly. but it works great in all drinks.
topaz11
on 7/27/11 8:35 am
ANY WHEY protein is flavorless and can be used in hot or cold foods or liquids , like shakes or coffee

catasteams
on 7/28/11 6:44 am - Big Lake, MN
musclefeast.com has unflavored and stevia sweetened protein powders. I prefer the unflavored whey protein isolate. I use it with coffee and sugarfree coffeemate every morning.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 361 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views