7 weeks out today (long)

crystal W.
on 7/26/11 2:22 am - east liverpool, OH
Hi everyone.  Haven't posted much since surgery but lurk nearly everyday.  Weighed myself this morning and was 201.  I was 244 in April at my final supervised diet weigh-in.  Ended up at 228 the day of surgery, so I guess the loss is pretty good.

I feel so much better.  Fitting into clothes I haven't worn in a couple years, no more pain in my knees or back.   Not waking up completely exhausted in the mornings.  Life is good.

Sunday I colored my hair, cleaned my house,  did laundry and cut my grass with a push mower.  Amazing.  Even more amazing,  Leslie Sansone had a one mile walk routine on the fitness & exercise section on demand on Comcast and I did the whole routine without feeling like I was going to die.  Did get sweaty and my heart was pumping, but I did it.  Yea me!

I've been tracking my food on CalorieCount.com and it seems I'm not quite meeting my protein requirement of at least 60 grams but I'm working on it.  Lot of trouble with constipation but I bought some Benefibre packets and I'm taking them 3 times a day.  It's getting better.  I'm just so happy that my appetite no longer controls me.

Finally, in the interest of adding even more fiber,  I'd like to try spaghetti squash, but don't know if it's .  Can anyone describe how it tastes?

Thanks for letting me ramble and thanks so much for the advice/encouragement  that was given
along the way.  I'll post some pictures if I ever figure out how.

Crystal
A911Angel
on 7/26/11 2:41 am
 WOW, Keep up the good work!

Holly

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/11 3:45 am - CA
Love spaghetti squash! It's a little sweet--has lots of vitamins and you can do it up however you like! I've put pasta sauce over it, or a little butter and sf maple syrup...or you can eat it plain!
ugot2bu
on 7/26/11 4:03 am - Lawton, OK
Hi Crystal
You and i are about same weight now. I got my sleeve on July 5. Way to go!!!
The squash is delicious.They are milder than yellow squash with no seeds.
 I cut them in half clean out the seeds. I then spray with pam and add some hand rubbed butter with morton seasons and a lil other ones i like. Use whatever seasoning you like.
turn them upside down showing skin and bake til fork tender.
then scrape out with a fork an salt and pepper.
I am not counting cals like i should. i am on the soft puree diet now so nothing is sticking to me. protein is hard to get now but don't focus so hard on it. this stage in the game we are ok. i don't have constipation but what you are taking will work. drink more and this should help. special k makes a protein powder drink packets to add to water. they have fiber and protein. they taste great.
So happy for you. I have not started slinging out clothes but can't wait.

Starting my new sleeved-life on 7/5/11!

PEG

crystal W.
on 7/26/11 4:24 am - east liverpool, OH
Thanks and congrats on your success!  I've seen spaghetti squash prepared on tv and it always looked good to me but just wasn't sure about trying it.  I tried a parsnip before because it looked so much like a potato but was greatly disappointed

Think I'll pick up a squash to have handy the next time I make pasta for the family.

Thanks again
Shari H.
on 7/26/11 10:49 am - MI
 Hey, Crystal -

Just wanted to chime in and let you know that I was 7 weeks out exactly *yesterday* and I have lost the exact same number of pounds as you so far (since surgery).   

That's cool, because I was wondering/worrying that I wasn't losing at a fast enough rate.

So, thanks for your post!

Shari

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
FULL DISCLOSURE:  includes 31 lbs lost pre-op 
rdd9348
on 7/26/11 12:04 pm - OR
I used to eat spaghetti squash quite a bit but haven't since surgery.  Sounds like a good idea, though.  It can be good with just salt and pepper (my favorite way) or with some kind of pasta sauce. 
Highest-285, Start WLS Program-267, Surgery-245, Current-196, Goal-148 
                                   Short Term Goal - Under 185 by 10/15/11           
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views