whats working for ya

ot2005byrd
on 7/27/11 9:11 am
Are most people counting calories more than counting protein and carbs or a mix of both. Just trying to figure out why my weight loss has stopped after 4 months.

How much exercise is folks doing cardio more? weight train more? or a mix of both?

Just need some input please
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 10:48 am
For me it was a combination.  I avoided carbs as much as possible when I was still seeking massive weight loss.  Tried to keep protein as close to 1/2g a day per pound of body weight.  Calories...never really tracked intake until I was ready to start building muscle, but 600-800 is in the range of what I was taking in for my first six months.

I didn't really exercise til about six months out.  I increased my intake somewhat to help me re-build muscle, but dropped like 10 pounds in a week.  At four months out you're probably at a natural stall where your body is trying to hold onto every fat cell it can...my un-educated opinion is just keep up what you're doing.  If you feel like exercising I'd definitely focus on cardio versus weight training, just try to be sure you're providing your body with some fuel before workouts.
cattywompos
on 7/27/11 11:00 am
I count everything.  Or at least I say I watch everything.  I actually worry more about my calorie intake than my protein because if I stick with the protein first rule I usually never have a problem hitting my goal.

Exercise...I was doing a mix of both. I would workout on the treadmill on my lunch break and then at night hit the gym for weights. As of late though, I have not been to the gym. Too darn nice outside.

How long have you been stalled?  Stalls are all a part of the process and you can have more than one along your journey.  I stalled at three weeks and then at about 6months. I
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 11:00 am
For me, hitting protein goals and keeping the carbs in the 20g/day range for me is first on my list.. this usually gets me in the 600-800 cal/day range naturally. What are your macros looking like? Protein, carbs etc? It could just be a stall, but make sure you are tracking if you aren't.. Logging food is what works for me, and the only way I know I'm on track right now..
ChangingNow
on 7/27/11 11:29 am - OH
I am not quite 3 months out yet.

Some days I track everything on sparkpeople.  But I've found that I often eat the same things every day (mostly weekdays at work), so no need to track if it is exactly the same.

I walk at least 45 minutes every day - my dogs demand that I do so :) plus a bit of weight training.  I need to do more.

VSG on 05/03/2011, SW 255, CW 140, 5'6" female
Body by Sauceda on 11/30/2012, LBL, BL/BA, long thighs, arms, neck

LittleMissSunshine
on 7/27/11 3:49 pm, edited 7/27/11 3:56 pm
80g of protein, under 30g of carbs, 64oz of water and calories are typically anywhere from 600-800/day... I log everything on MyFitnessPal every day. 

I'm hitting the gym 3-4 times a week, 50 mins on the elliptical burning 500-600 calories during each session.  I haven't started weight training yet, but probably will do a day here and there soon.

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

Melissa155
on 7/27/11 11:17 pm - OH
I'm only 3 weeks in & feel like I'm at a stall too...super disappointed I only lost 2.5 lbs this week. I track all my food on myfitnesspal its a website but I use the phone application. It seems to have every food in the world in its database! I also look at protein. Not really looking at carbs since I'm not eating bread or potatoes. I walk my dog, go to the gym for strength training and elliptical, do pilates & core secrets home videos. Nothing consistent but 4-5 days a week I'm doing something. My biggest fear is sagging skin....

Good Luck!
Surgery Date: 07/07/2011    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views