Can't drink protein Help!!

twinsand1
on 7/29/11 6:00 am - SC
Hi, I was sleeved on 7/13 and yet to be able to get my protein in... It makes me sick to drink it.. I am not getting enough water either maybe 20 oz a day.. I have lost 29 lbs and have hit the nightmare STALL.. I think it might be because I am not drinking protein..

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks alot,
Angela
08/2006 lapband (Dr. de la garza Mexico)282 lbs
09/2008 emergency band removal (Dr. Givens, SC)132lbs
currently weigh 298 lbs
Sleeved 07/13/2011 Ramos Kelly

anninva
on 7/29/11 6:06 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
hang in there angela.  i also can't stomach protein.  i tried drinking little bits right after surgery (you're about 2 wks out right?) but didn't force myself to the point of getting sick.  you can also try plain greek yogurt with equal or splenda in it -- lotsa protein.  just get as much of whatever you can get in, in and be kind to yourself.  it really does get better!!!  (((((((((hugs)))))))

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Heleena33
on 7/29/11 6:10 am - Custer, WA
Hi,
Did you try the premiere protein drinks by Costco?  They are great!
Also EAS Strawberry or Chocolate very good too!
Nonfat milk, greek yogurt, low fat cottage cheese, all higher proteins which will help you!
Chike nutrition has great shakes you blend with water or non fat milk.
Try putting nonfat milk, greek yogurt and 1 or 2 sugar free orange popsicles in the blender!
Really good !
Good luck!

JULY 11, 2011 MY New Live Began    HW 295   SURG WT 266   GOAL 145
My ticker represents lbs lost from time of surgery .....after liquid IV's were gone!      

emelar
on 7/29/11 6:11 am - TX
Dehydration is your biggest risk.  And dehydration will cause nausea.  Call your PCP and have them tell you where you can most easily get in for an IV bag (or 2) of fluids.  Don't wait the weekend!
Kim_M
on 7/29/11 6:13 am - LaPorte, TX
I like the brand Dessert no whey taste I made up 4 0z sevings . Gatorade was easier for me than****er.Now that I am further out I use Powerade zero. Try these initally I did not worry about cal in drinks I needed the extra boost but I went to the G2 gatorade lower cal then powerade.Lean Builder is also bettr tasting

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 73 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 273 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views