Blender Bottles Leaking

Disappearing Me
on 8/1/11 11:17 pm - Murphysboro, IL
I got my blender bottles here http://www.bariatricchoice.com/wonderslim-blender-bottle-pro tein-shake-mixer.html

Two of them are leaking.  I'm too cheap to buy more (gotta save money, out of work.)  They aren't leaking much but enough that I have to wipe it off every time I take a drink or the next time I get a nice spot on my shirt.  Any tips on stopping them from leaking?
ChangingNow
on 8/1/11 11:20 pm, edited 8/1/11 11:21 pm - OH
That is so disappointing to hear.  I have at least 6 blender bottles and have had them for well over 5 years.  They all work perfectly.  One of my favorite purchases ever.

VSG on 05/03/2011, SW 255, CW 140, 5'6" female
Body by Sauceda on 11/30/2012, LBL, BL/BA, long thighs, arms, neck

biologygrrrl
on 8/1/11 11:23 pm - Rhinelander, WI
My first thought was to wrap plumbing tape (the white stretchy stuff) around the threads where the cap screws on. It might help make a tighter seal.

JenniferI'm 5'4" ~ HW: 308   SW: 305   CW: 211   GW: 140     

Disappearing Me
on 8/1/11 11:39 pm - Murphysboro, IL
Thank you!  I wonder if it's from putting them in the dishwasher?  My husband said he'll take the lid to a hardware store and try to find a fitting O ring.
ChangingNow
on 8/1/11 11:43 pm - OH
I wash mine on the top shelf of the dishwasher, cup and cap separate.

VSG on 05/03/2011, SW 255, CW 140, 5'6" female
Body by Sauceda on 11/30/2012, LBL, BL/BA, long thighs, arms, neck

biologygrrrl
on 8/1/11 11:47 pm - Rhinelander, WI
Top rack in the dishwasher *should* be fine, but anything plastic can warp over time. It's the heat from the drying cycle that does it. If you do get new ones, I would take them out of the dishwasher before the heated drying cycle begins.

JenniferI'm 5'4" ~ HW: 308   SW: 305   CW: 211   GW: 140     

FatGuyInALittleCoat
on 8/2/11 12:05 am - New Orleans
I have about 8 Blender bottles & 2 of them leak like you describe.  They've done so since the first time I used them.  I never run the heat cycle on my dishwasher, so I know that's not the cause.  I'm guessing it's just a slight manufacturing flaw that causes something to not fit exactly right.

Current weight: 170 lbs.

Once I reach goal, this cow will be killed & eaten... 2 ounces at a time.

Total includes 56 lbs. lost on 2-month low carb pre-op diet.  Start date 9/13/10.

Spiritus
on 8/2/11 1:10 am - Hawthorne, CA
i hate it when that happens!  didn't think to use plumber's tape, but think i will try it!  I've had to call the seller/manufacturer and tell them what happened, they usually send a replacement in the mail.

GOING2LOSEIT2011
on 8/2/11 1:37 am
I am to cheap to buy a Blender Bottle, I just use my salad  dressing shaker
Works great !!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me.Phil 4:13
  Hw 386  Sw 322 Cw 226.6
DR.Christine Chu   Fremont , Ca                 
  VSG  6/28

QueenBeeFla
on 8/2/11 10:04 am
Instead of replacing the entire thing, if you have any kind of plastic bottle that the blender will fit in, just shake it in that. My brother who is a meathead football player and drinks protein shakes like water, uses blender balls in his Rubbermaid liter bottle.

HTH
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 283 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views