SAD

Moeuneek1
on 8/3/11 1:22 am - Baltimore , MD
I am gaining my weight back.... I need to loose 20 pounds .... any advise ? I am getting depressed .

H_kd27
on 8/3/11 1:28 am - DC
VSG on 07/25/11 with
Keep your head up! You've come to far!!! Try a few weeks of the plan you used early on - - monitor your carbs and make sure you are eating your protein first!!! Do a little activity every day!! I wish you the best!!! One question, it appears that you are 2 years out - - what is life like 2 years out? Do you still have trouble getting food in? Do you still have to eat extremely slowly?

Moeuneek1
on 8/3/11 1:54 am - Baltimore , MD
The problem is I can eat more ... also I can eat pretty much anything .

Lisa J.
on 8/3/11 1:59 am - OK
I hear you! OMG I hear you!

I've been fluctuating 10lbs the last 6 months and I'm two years out also.

BUT I KNOW how to do this, and I fortunately got re-motivated over the weekend simply by talking about WLS to my hairdresser who is totally stoked about it (she investigated it a couple years ago) and she could not believe I had it done.....

SOOOOO First  thing I did was ramp up my water intake, by double!! It's easy to quit drinking as much water as we did when we started this rollercoaster. Of course I start peeing big time too, as we all should anyway. But the more you drink, the less you eat. Simple as that. I KNOW that in a week I'll notice a difference.

I never was a potato chip person but I admit I love Pringles. It's still easy to eat those, a 1/4 stack at a time without knowing it. What I've started doing instead is slicing up red, yellow, orange peppers (green if you like them but they're icky to me) and enjoying their crunch and sweetness. Add a little dipping ranch sauce if you like, you really can't go wrong for that as a substitute.

I will cut up a cucumber and tomato into chunks and drizzle honey mustard on them and enjoy the heck out of them. I always keep stick or sliced cheese handy, as well as beef jerky, nuts and peanut butter. Spread it on celery for a crunchy snack with protein.

I treat 'snacks' as a meal anyway. I still get my protein in every day, but honest to god, I know tha****er intake is the real deal.

Don't keep anything around that is crap then you won't be tempted by crap. And crap gets us back on the crappy carb merry go round. It sucks that carbs and fat taste so damn good, but it's up to us to make better choices. And I promise if you drink a ton of water you'll not be so interested in the bad choices--in fact it should be pretty much a chore to still get your protein in.

BEST OF LUCK! You HAVE come so far! Don't let this little speed bump get you down!! Hang up something sexy to see all the time and make that your motivation, you know, like that amazing party dress or top! Keep it out so you can see it and remind you what you gotta do to get back into it!!

Nothing motivates me so much as wearing smaller clothes!!
Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
walmartian
on 8/3/11 3:58 am, edited 8/3/11 3:58 am
It sounds like you need to regroup and re-think here, and you are already starting. Yes, you 'can' eat anything, butyou absolutely must just make up yopur mind to eat the good for you stuff first. That will fill you up so the taters, mac n cheese, fried food or whatever will be extremely limited, if you dare eat them at all. i do eat a 1/4 cup of pasta or whatever now and then, but it's ONE meal, and I don't keep any around to go back to later in the same day or the next--because I know if I wait a couple of hours, I could ingest quite a bit of that type of thing in a day's time. i'm single, so if i cook pasta or potatoes, i eat my serving and throw the rest out. If anyone is visiting, I make just enough so there are no leftovers.

njmom5870
on 8/3/11 5:40 am
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Start today journaling and measuring your food.  Just because you CAN eat more, doesn't mean you SHOULD!  If you get hungry in between meals, have some water and chew gum.

If you are eating carbs, do a detox.  Stick to lean proteins and veggies.

Most importanly, see the help of a support group in your area.  Just because we have surgeries, doesn't mean the behaviors go away.  It's a life long struggle but you CAN and WILL do it. 

Throw out or give away any trigger foods in your house, don't go into social situations where you think you will have trouble.

I'm sorry you are going through this but with some effort you can get back to where you want to be and feel so much better about yourself!
    Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views