How long does incision pain usually last

1london
on 8/3/11 5:32 am
Hi everyone, today is day 7 and I was just wondering how long did the incision pain last for most of you?
All replies will be appreciated!
Angela.62
on 8/3/11 5:34 am
I had 6 incisions .. 5 of them were tender for about a week and now 4 weeks out they're fine and not sore to the touch .. 1 of my incisions is still kind of tender when I push down on it and/or when I lay on my side, but it's not painful .. just a little tender is all.

SW 253 Surgery Date July 5th, 2011
Frantom
on 8/3/11 5:46 am
I had 6 of them - just two (the largest ones) remained tender about two weeks and one stayed a little read and ***** into the third week - but then they were all fine.

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/11 5:47 am
By one week I was ok, by two and the incision pain was gone for the most part. I had one large one (about 1" long) right above my belly button that would burn if I bent over and stretched it too much.. that lasted for about 6-8 weeks.. and it was just a burning feeling when bending- not a big "ouch", just a "hmm.. maybe I shouldn't do that again for a bit."
kanga003
on 8/3/11 6:59 am
I'm two weeks out ant it is almost all gone... but... it wasn't even very bad for me to begin with... I had 4 small ones 2 1" ones and 2 smaller.
1london
on 8/3/11 7:47 am

Thanks everyone, I appreciate each of your post and replies!  Your the best!!!

lanunes
on 8/3/11 7:47 am - CA
 I never had pain in my incisions it was more of a discomfort ( I had 4 small ones and  one1 inch one) When I would bend over or sit up (from chair) it would be a pulling sensation. I am 2 weeks out and it doesn't pull as much now and I finally can sleep on my side =) I did start exercising (just walking) and it has now caused my incisions to be painful again. I talked with my surgeons office and they said it is the tension of the internal sutures pulling and is normal. 
      Leslie Nunes              
lookin4-80
on 8/3/11 4:03 pm
One still itches after 16 months. The pain was strong for me unit about 5 weeks out.

wiwi
on 11/6/11 10:08 pm
 Well for me I just mine done on the nov 2 2011. I have 10 hole don't know why so many but the only one bothering me is the one in my belly that one bother me a lot like is heavy hopefully that pain will go away soon

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views