Got laid off today... but...

M1CHELLE
on 8/5/11 4:16 pm - Kelowna, Canada
 I got laid off today - was totally blindsided!  NOT expecting it at all.  I was very shocked and emotional.  I'm on day 8 of my pre-op diet, and I didn't cheat at all.  I was proud of myself, even though I wanted to eat, I had a yogurt instead and felt better.  First major stress in my life that I've dealt with this way in a long time!  Yay me!
Michelle  
HW: 282.5   SW: 263.5   CW: 235

Ashley O.
on 8/5/11 4:23 pm
Ahh thats terrible, I'm sorry. /: But thats great that you didnt eat to deal with it! you should be proud of yourself! (:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

mawmawpenny
on 8/5/11 4:25 pm - LA
WAY TO GO!!!!  Stay strong, Hopefully a better job will come your way. Best wishes and prayers coming your way.

Penny

kanga003
on 8/5/11 8:28 pm, edited 8/5/11 8:28 pm
Good job.... sorry to hear about the lay off :-(
Sounds like your insurance isn't tied to it... that's a good thing for sure... I was expecting to read that you had ot cancel surgery or figure out how to pay for cobra... silver lining I guess!

Stay strong!!!

edited to add... just saw that you're from Canada... makes sense now :-)

dreamingthin1
on 8/5/11 10:01 pm - miami, FL
I will be praying for you.  All things, although we may not like to hear it, happens for a reason.  Something better is in store for you.  Your benefits should hold up for you to at least get your surgery.  Hopefully that is a bright side to all that is happening in your life.  Best of luck to you and keep positive in your mind and your surroundings!!

Spiritus
on 8/5/11 10:35 pm - Hawthorne, CA
I'm sorry to hear of the lay off, I would be shocked and pretty pissed off. You've shown what you're made of by not diving into a big meal while on your preop liquid diet!  Congrats on your resolve!  You'll sail through surgery and recovery, then off to find a much better job!

mythreechildren2001
on 8/5/11 11:23 pm
I'm so sorry!  Way to stick to your plan even under such stress!!  I hope things work out and you find something even better :)

50 y/o female 5'6" HW 283 current 160 goal 150

CSAL
on 8/6/11 12:40 am, edited 8/6/11 12:41 am - Canada
Michelle,
 Good for you. But sorry about your job. Hope it's not too long a lay off.
I am starting the preop today.... Surgery Aug 17.
Live in Chilliwack, Good Luck.....Hope I can be as strong as you.
 VSG: AUG 17, 2011    
BriarRose
on 8/6/11 1:27 am
I am so sorry. I too lost my job this May. Luckily, I found another job in my field within a month, lower pay, and no benefits; but it is keeping us afloat while I continue to look for something better.

It IS a real kick in the teeth though. Hang in there, and good job on not using food for comfort. I am learning to get my anger out in exercise. You should hear me stomping on my administrators from my old job as I walk. They get a good stomping from me -- and it feels SOOOOO good !!
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
M1CHELLE
on 8/6/11 4:31 am - Kelowna, Canada
Thanks for the support everybody. It feels great to have a community that you can share things with that "get" it. I am looking forward to a new and better job in the future!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 102 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 325 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 369 views