Thanks-I made my decision and Doc agrees

Ron S.
on 8/8/11 3:53 am, edited 8/8/11 3:56 am
After 2 months of reading and researching on these forums Roux en Y and VSG. I finally decided on the VSG. Then I had to "break it" to the doc. Went in last Friday armed with all the reasons why, backed up with your comments and weblinks. Funny, when I told him I had reconsidered my original type of surgery and told him I felt the "sleeve" would be better for me, he didnt even blink. He said it was a good choice for me.

I am sure if I hadn't read and researched, I would be way down the road to something that may have worked, but wasn't exactly what I wanted.

Until I was at a support group meeting, I had never even heard of the sleeve. There was only one lady there who was having the sleeve. The rest were Roux en Y or Bands. Funny how one person can redirect you.  And now I found a third person in that circle that are going with the sleeve. So our support group is expanding surgery types.

So it looks like they are going to go forward with the Insurance Approval Request sometime next week. Maybe by October I will be ready for Surgery.

Thanks to all

Ms. Poker Face
on 8/8/11 4:47 am
Congratulations to you for making your own decision!  Sounds like your doc agrees, too, which is always helpful.  Good luck on your journey!!  

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

barber64
on 8/8/11 4:53 am - Temecula, CA
VSG on 06/06/12

the support group I go to is very small but all have had RNY and lap band. I was the only one wanted to do the sleeve. but I also think this is the right Choice for me. Tomorrow I will be meeting with my surgeon for the first time. I also done research and very comfortable with MY choice. No way I feel like changing my choice because I was the only one.

Most Active