Help! A week and no loss.

BetterMe711
on 8/10/11 9:11 am - SC
I'm 2 1/2 weeks out and getting discouraged. I've been very good about staying on the liquid diet and take in about 500 cals a day but haven't lost anything in a week! I lost 13# the first week out but then hit a stall. Am I taking in too little calories and in starvation mode?
  Doing the Journey with you, Leslie              
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/11 9:16 am
Please take a little time while you are in recuperation mode and read, read, read on here.. there are so many posts about this early first stall you can almost find one on every other page.. you are not doing anything wrong.. and FYI starvation mode is a myth, might want to google that too, there's a lot of very good info out there about it..

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/4432045/Attention-New-ops-About-that-first-quotstallquot-gt/

katier825
on 8/10/11 9:24 am
Try not to get discouraged!  Stalls happen to just about everyone, especially around the 3 week mark.  If you haven't measured yourself, you should.  Most of the time when the weight loss slows, you'll lose inches.  The body needs to take time to readjust itself now and then.  It doesn't mean you did anything wrong.  It's just something that happens and you need to accept that it will.  If it helps, put the scale away.  It's a very hard thing to do though! 

Hang in there.  In a few weeks, you'll probably be ready to start weeding the clothes that are too big out of your closet!  If you've got clothes that were too small, try them on once in awhile.  You will likely see progress soon!
Jenijeni
on 8/10/11 10:02 am
You're not doing anything wrong. I'm with Jo on this... READ, read, read! Almost everyone stalls at some point. My first stall was about three weeks long, so don't get discouraged! Hang in there, baby, you'll be fine!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

greatmomof2
on 8/10/11 11:27 am - CA
i was just going to post about this same subject. i am 3 weeks out and lost anything since Friday. I thought i was doing something wrong as well. Thank you for the post and evrybodies comments....very helpful
wert
on 8/10/11 11:44 am - MN
The topic of the early stall comes up almost every single day. Sometimes, like today, more than once. What have you read about the stall? Can you remember? Well, it applied to me and it will to you, too. Take the time to read the forum. And be sure to use the search feature at the top of this page. Type in "early stall" or "3 week stall" or "three week stall" and see what you get. 

I really wish OH staff would stick some topics but they won't. When I asked - begged - them to do it because of the frequency of this topic, this is the reply I got;

Unfortunately, we receive a high volume of such requests so the sticky area is reserved for postings specifically related to ObesityHelp announcements, etc. It is the nature of the messageboard that topics will be repeated.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

BetterMe711
on 8/10/11 12:23 pm - SC
Thank you, thank you for your replies. I looked two or three pages back and didn't see this but didn't think about the search. I appreciate you patience and look forward to being able to answer this for someone else in the future.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 309 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 356 views