Snacks other than Cheese!!

twinsand1
on 8/10/11 2:37 pm - SC
I am looking for some snack that will work other than Chesse.. I don't eat cheese..

Is wheat thins ok? I at 2 with pb today..I am tired of the yogart, jello, and pudding!! they are all to sweet.

Angela
08/2006 lapband (Dr. de la garza Mexico)282 lbs
09/2008 emergency band removal (Dr. Givens, SC)132lbs
currently weigh 298 lbs
Sleeved 07/13/2011 Ramos Kelly

USAF Wife
on 8/10/11 2:39 pm
Lots of carbs in crackers.

Have you tried Greek yogurt mixed with dry ranch or italian dressing? Pork rinds(the baked ones) were my crunchy go to food.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Punkinchan
on 8/10/11 3:33 pm
Oooh!!!  Great idea with the greek yogurt and the ranch powder!!!  Yum!!!  Definitly going to try that one!    I forgot all about pork rinds.  Just so you all know, I used to buy a great microwavable one made by Lowry's on Amazon.com.  They're amazing and not oily at all anc full of flavor. 

Marcia B.
on 8/10/11 2:43 pm - CA
My nut says they don't want you to have too many carbs unless healthy whole grain type but only after protein.  I got soft deli meats that I could chew till mush those were very good.  and then there are shirataki noodles, look like pasta but made from tofu, I heard they were good just bought some today.  You don't eat any cheeses at all?  cooked shrimp is a good snack, cottage cheese and a lil salt & pepper, sushi, scrambled egg -  you gotta just think around the carbs and search for the protein first :) Good luck trying stuff. 
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

twinsand1
on 8/10/11 2:47 pm - SC
Thanks USAF Wife, I did think about the carbs in those but they are whole wheat not sure if that makes a difference.. I can't stand Greek yogort.  But I love pork rinds(sp). They are good snack for use sleevers? Is fruit ok? I know that it has some natural sugars..

Angela
currently weigh 298 lbs

Disappearing Me
on 8/10/11 2:51 pm - Murphysboro, IL
You could try kale chips!  Tear up kale and lay it on a baking sheet.  Use an oil mister to lightly spray it with olive oil.  Sprinkle with seasoning or salt and pepper and bake for 8-10 minutes (don't let it burn.)  It's like eating potato chips!

Of course there's no protein and a little fat from the olive oil but it's better than crackers.
thin1soon
on 8/10/11 2:51 pm
The whole wheat in the crackers makes no difference; they have too many carbs for the weight loss phase.  Steer clear of those as much as you can for maximum weight loss.  You'll get the carbs back when you get to maintenance.  Just concentrate on protein, and the weight will melt :)

thin1soon  TN

Pre-surgery weight 11/6/08-253
Post surgery (12 wks.) 2/3/09-185
68 pounds lost

twinsand1
on 8/10/11 2:56 pm - SC
Thanks ladies, no more wheat thins for me... I guess I was thinking about the south beach days and thought wheat was ok in moderation.. You all always give such great advice..

Angela
currently weigh 298 lbs

anewsweetjessa
on 8/10/11 5:38 pm - IA
my new snack is soya nuts A LOT of protein and pumpkin seeds and WATER lots of WATER

keatmon81
on 8/10/11 11:18 pm
what is everyone take on rice cakes. I was eatring multigrain crackers too thinking they were ok. could be why my weight loss is slowing. i like to eat my peanut butter and sugar free jelly on something

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views