Who else is on the preop diet? How ya doin?

GiGi W.
on 8/14/11 2:50 am
So who else is in preop hell right now?

I am 5 days in to my pre op, and I basically either snap at people or want to punch em. (I kid, I kid.) I have lost 6 lbs. So far, which will make my surgeon very happy, but I am just HUNGRY.

I am doing the 'Atkins' like version of preop...high protein, low carb. (Only carbs from veggies)

Which preop are ya'll doing, and how is it going? Have you wanted to punch anyone as well, or is that just me

Adrienne J.
on 8/14/11 3:46 am - GA
Im doing stictly liquids, 4 shakes a day and lots of water. Occasionally a soup thats allowed. Im on day 13 and doing pretty good. I do deal with headaches sometimes, but it hasnt been as bad as I expected it to be. After a while, your body just adjusts I guess. Good luck!!
mleena
on 8/14/11 4:28 am
I am on supplements only from the doctor's office which basically comes out to about 600 cal/day.  So far it has not been too bad, as long as I stay away from other people eating regular food.  Fortunately the supplements actually taste pretty good. 
HW:  329  Pre-Op: 310  SW:  282  (8/22/11)  CW:  258

fullohope
on 8/14/11 6:22 am
I am sorry you are having a rough time. I  am day 6. my surgeon uses meditrim shakes. I have 2 shakes and 1 protein bar a day. plus I get 2 cups of veggies a day. I am not finding too hard. i am shocked. WHen i have done atkins in the past I am a raving maniac and feel weak and ready to pass out. I think that my preop may have more carbs.

try eating more veggies (carbs).

GiGi W.
on 8/14/11 6:27 am
Thanks you all! Glad to hear you're taking the adjustment better than I am. I simply can't go an hour or two without feeling HUNGRY. Genuine hunger.

Which I why I can't wait for surgery I don't mind the lifestyle change, the modified diet, the controlled portions ...I just can't wait to not be so hungry!

Becca20015
on 8/14/11 11:25 am
We are having surgery the same day. WHOO HOO!    Today is my fourth day on the pre op diet and I am  suppose to do 4 shakes  or 3 shakes with one meal being something like weigh****chers (lean meat, veggie, salad), and all the sugar free popsicles, sugar free jello, crystal lite, water, propel, and broth I care to have.  I am hungry right now as we speak and would love to have some chicken wings BUT i suppose jello willl do for now.  I wish you the best.
smbergie200
on 8/14/11 2:31 pm - Naples, FL
7 Days into my preop diet. Im doing well. Im allowed quite a bit. 4 shakes, 1 can 98% FF creamy soup, SF Jello, SF pudding, 2 tsp peanut butter, serving of meat, and unlimited veggies. Im filling up on those veggies, Lots of salads and lots of those microwave steam veggies (no corn or peas or other starchy ones). I am using almond milk for my shakes and soup to cut down the carbs. I have been in a few situations over the past few days where I have been near junk food aroma's and it really hasn't bothered me too much. 7 more days, I can do this!

August 23rd - here I come!

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

doggz109
on 8/14/11 3:18 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Way to go man!  I've been following your posts since you started and I'm really excited for you.  You are going to do great.
GiGi W.
on 8/14/11 3:53 pm
Yaaay! I too have followed your posts, and I LOVE your drawings and sense of humor! Good luck with everything. I would love to exchange numbers with the two who have surgeries onn Aug 23 and 25th...it will probably help us to text eachother for a check in after surgery, so let me know if you'd like to switch info.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views