United Health Care/Blue Cross Blue Shield

howarli
on 8/15/11 12:56 am - MD
I'm a newbie (but have been a stalker for quite sometime).  Originally I was set on having the bypass because If I was going to have WLS, I wanted to get the surgery that would allow me to loose the most the fastest.  After meeting w/ my doctor, he recommend the Sleeve because of my IBS.  After much research and more stalking, I'm getting the Sleeve.  On Friday my paperwork was sent to both of my insurance companies for approval to have the Sleeve and my hiatial hernia repaired.  Any ideas on the turn around time for UHC & BCBS. I' ve been bitting my nails all weekend long and I don't have too much left.
jfab1978
on 8/15/11 1:36 am - CA

Good choice on the sleeve!  I have BCBS (PPO) and I found out within the week.  Go get yourself a manicure and relax! You'll be on the losing bench before you know it!

Jennifer S.
on 8/15/11 1:41 am - CA
 Love the post. I too am a stalker. I have BCBS of California and was approved in a day. The DR. office called me to schedule my surgery the next day. So good luck. I know my wait time was shorter than most. Hope yours is too. Good luck and welcome. I love my sleeve. It is the best thing I ever did. 
 Jennifer    
Smardeepants
on 8/15/11 1:44 am
I have an HMO. I called several times to check the status with the medical group (they, ultimately, are the ones that approved it). It took them a full week.

howarli
on 8/15/11 3:02 am - MD
Thanks all......It's so weird finally reading a response that is for me.  I will let everyone know when I get a surgery date. 
Brenda L.
on 8/15/11 4:12 am - Raleigh, NC
UHC...it only took three days for my approval.
  Brendini                                                              
Marcia B.
on 8/15/11 5:14 am - CA
Yep I have UHC and I found out within 3 days as well

Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views