Out of the 220s FINALLY!

biologygrrrl
on 8/15/11 1:13 am - Rhinelander, WI
I have spent the last EXACTLY 5 months in the 220s and I am FINALLY out! I first weighed 229.6 on March 14th, and today, August 15th, I weighed in at 218.5! 

I have spent most of my adult life in the 220s, my big weight gain to over 300 pounds was only in the last couple years before surgery. Otherwise I have usually hovered somewhere around 225. Somehow I knew that the 220s was going to be a big bear for me to get through. Now that I am out of them, I SWEAR I will NEVER go back, EVER!

JenniferI'm 5'4" ~ HW: 308   SW: 305   CW: 211   GW: 140     

Jennifer S.
on 8/15/11 1:43 am - CA
 Thank goodness... I have been in the 270's for 4 weeks now. This morning I am 1/2 a pound away from the 260's. I so know how it feels. Cheers to never going back.
 Jennifer    
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 1:47 am
Wow, 5 mo must have really tested your patience!! I broke out of them yesterday after almost 7 weeks.. that was starting to get annoying!~ 

Congrats on kissing that number goodbye!!

tasie402
on 8/15/11 3:38 am
just hit my 230s for the first time yesterday and talk about a mental victory!! you are an inspiration sticking with it for 5 months. i surely hope i don't hit a stall like that, but it will be damn hard if i do. hope i can get through there like you did.

biologygrrrl
on 8/15/11 5:11 am - Rhinelander, WI
Thanks everyone! I entered the 220s right before my 6 month surgiversary, and it was about that time that eating became a LOT easier. Sadly, I started eating a lot of my old favorites like chips and ice cream and most of my protein intake was from "soft" sources like yogurt and cheese. Even though my portions were tiny, it brought my weight loss to a snail's pace. I finally came to terms with my eating habits about 2 months ago after waffling between 225-230 for 4 months. In the last 6 weeks I have dropped 8 pounds, woohoo! Less carbs, more dense protein, that is the key.

JenniferI'm 5'4" ~ HW: 308   SW: 305   CW: 211   GW: 140     

cannonkb
on 8/15/11 6:09 am - SC
 I can sooooo understand!  I have been in the 230's for 5 weeks now and it is about to drive me bonkers!  I applaud you for hanging in there for 5 months but so hope I don't have to wait that long!  Like you, I need to re-assess my eating and see what I need to modify.  It is soooo easy to slip back into old habits.  I know one area I need to work on is fluid intake - I have struggled with this from day 1. Here's hoping we both have continued success!!!!

a.walker
on 8/15/11 7:23 am - Salina, KS
Hurray! What a nice feeling. The 220s are a bear it seems, and once I finally got out of them, I thought things might speed up. Not so for me! I have been between 213-218 for 2ish months. My body likes it here, and I need to kick it into gear, but I have been way too lax the last couple months. I need to get working out, and control my evil sweet tooth. Congrats on such an accomplishment!
Amy  -- 5'8"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views