Regular Food suggestions?

MARTINQ
on 8/18/11 10:09 am - RIVERDALE, GA

Hi everyone!! I finally reached week 7!! I can eat regular foods!!!! Yayyyy!! So here is my question what are some good filling, low carb, high protein food ideas that you have that you can share with me? I'm really looking forward to hearing from everyone of you!! Thanks

acbbrown
on 8/18/11 10:17 am - Granada Hills, CA
Good thing I love chicken cause i eat a lot of it - ive started getting creative with random marinades to keep it moist which makes it easier to eat.

I like ground beef/turkey. I found some good pre made frozen turkey meat balls that are really moist when I heat them up.

Eggs - only tried scrambled, but hardboiled is coming soon

For snacks, I eat beef jerkey (1oz), almonds, turkey pepporini slices with cheese, string cheese.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

njmom5870
on 8/18/11 11:31 am
If you like seafood, shirmp and salmon is great!  Packed with protein.  I broil salmon on the grill with fresh lemon and a little bit of butter.  I like to eat egg salad for lunch.  A great snack is dry roasted edamame.  You can buy it at Asian Food stores or online at Amazon.  Its packed with protein and fiber. 
    Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

disabled_nurse
on 8/18/11 11:38 am - Bogalusa, LA
chicken salad, tuna salad, I couldn't eat eggs until I was about 4 months out................ they sat in my stomach like a brick. I like stuffed eggs with tuna, chicken..........chicken....lol  I got one of the convection ovens at walmart for about 50 bucks and it has a rotisserie in it............... I put different herbs on them, or shoot them up with those injectors you get for turkey, stuff them with apples, just use your imagination, but chicken goes down the best for me. Also ate a lot of baked turkey, can eat it baked, or make some soup or gumbo. Ate lots of boiled shrimp at first too, they are easy to go down too.

Smardeepants
on 8/18/11 2:09 pm
I had surgery 6/27, about the same as you! 

Here are some of my current favorites (but I've been eating 'regular food' since week 4, so start out softer, LOL).

I LOVE crunchy cheese (cheese microwaved for 2 mins, becomes crunchy like a chip!) Sometimes I did it in hummus for extra yum.

I eat grilled shrimp, roasted til it's falling apart chicken, meatballs (I make mine with 1/2 turkey italian sausage and 1/2 ground beef), salmon patties, broiled fish, all kinds of cheese, taco meat on top of a crunchy cheese "tostada" with salsa and greek  yogurt (instead of sour cream). I LOVE pumpkin seeds (the ones already shelled)... 1/4cup had 10g protein.

I keep roasted or grilled veggies on hand, and generally have a bite or two of those with my meat.

I love eggface eggbites, protein donuts, and protein ice cream. I generally have one of those daily.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 442 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views