always hungry

twinsand1
on 8/21/11 7:47 am - SC
I am always hungry!! It is not acid.. I had that for about a week so I know this is different.. I can eat nothing but protein and I am hungry within an hour.. I am drink alooooot of water and that is not it.. I am lost I. I feel like I eat all the time.

HELP!!

Angela
08/2006 lapband (Dr. de la garza Mexico)282 lbs
09/2008 emergency band removal (Dr. Givens, SC)132lbs
currently weigh 298 lbs
Sleeved 07/13/2011 Ramos Kelly

Ms. Poker Face
on 8/21/11 8:22 am
Can you give us some examples of what you eat in a day? I used to feel like I was always eating, too, and it turns out I was eating about 500 calories a day due to my restriction. Just had to eat slow.
twinsand1
on 8/21/11 8:36 am - SC
Thanks for responding!! today I have had, 1 scrambled egg w/cheese,1 triangle of lite laughing cow cheese with 6 flatbread crackers, about 1oz beef jerky and 6 pork rinds.. also at some cherry tomatoes may 10 throughout the day.. I will also be having chicken breast for dinner.. does this seem like alot? I feel like I could have ate alot more, I have been fighting the hunger feeling..
currently weigh 298 lbs

acbbrown
on 8/21/11 8:41 am - Granada Hills, CA
You really should be focusing on protein - where are your shakes at? At this early stage, skip the crackers and tomatos and fill your stomach with dense protein - those are not going to keep you full very long. That could be part of the problem. How many grams of protein did you get in today?

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Ms. Poker Face
on 8/21/11 8:53 am, edited 8/21/11 8:55 am
Yep... the crackers may have enough carbs to awaken the carb monster.  I find the more carbs I have the "hungrier" I am.  However, I don't have much real hunger.

It doesn't sound like you eat too much, but I highly recommend tracking your intake.  There are several good websites for this (I use myfitnesspal.com) or you can always use a good old pencil/paper.  I focus on tracking my protein first and foremost (targeting >60g per day).  I also track calories (target 600 or so), carbs (target

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

acbbrown
on 8/21/11 8:24 am - Granada Hills, CA
How much are you eating and how often? Meals/snacks?

Some people say they never lose their hunger. Maybe you are on of the unfortunate few...

For me, I was hungry hungry hungry for two weeks, and didn't know why. Then I started getting symptoms of acid reflux and tied the two together. With more control over my acid problems, I have no signs of hunger. I know I couldn't distinguish the two for a couple weeks because I had no burning or discomfort in the beginning.  I'm sure you are already on a PPI, but if not, try taking one.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

emelar
on 8/21/11 8:52 am - TX
Are you tracking your food?  If not, start.  You should get around 600 calories a day, a minimum of 60g of protein, a minimum of 64 oz of water/fluid.  It's the only way of knowing whether you're getting what you need.

Your menu doesn't look like too much food, but not enough dense protein.  Dense means meat - chicken, fish, pork.  Cheese is great, but it's not dense.  Eggs are great too, but not dense.

Get rid of the tomatoes and crackers.  Pork rinds are crunchy snacks, but no nutritional value.  The protein they contain (collagen) cannot be used by the body, so don't count it as protein.

There are several folks on the board who don't lose their hunger.  They plan small meals every 2-3 hours to stay satisfied.  And remember, hunger is NOT an emergency.  You're seldom more than a few hours away from your next meal.
Ella Nchanted
on 8/21/11 9:08 am - LA
try adding in a protien shake and maybe replacing the crackers for nuts like almonds or pistacios.

SassyItalian
on 8/21/11 9:11 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
eating carbs with your meal sometmes makes people hungrier sooner than if you filled up with dense protein alone..just a suggestion. definitely try more dense protein as suggested- straight up meat filet, chicken breast, etc.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

twinsand1
on 8/21/11 10:46 am - SC
Thank you all so much!! I am listening to every word.. I went to myfitnesspal and this is what I came up with 732 calories, 24 carbs, 31 fat, and 84 proteins.. I understand the protein from the pork rinds is useless but it did figure them in..

As far as protein shakes I have been having trouble with them making me sick so that is why I haven't even tried one today.. I just bought EAS today and will be giving them a try in the am..

Let me know what you think..

Angela
currently weigh 298 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views