A question about soup/full liquids?

Adrienne J.
on 8/25/11 9:33 am - GA
Hi Everyone! I tried looking for this info but couldnt find it in here.

Im already on mushy foods, however I still like to have soup sometimes. Im allowed to have the lf creamy soups. Im curious since this is actually a liquid, am I supposed to limit those to the 2tbs. like the mushy foods? I know this might sound stupid and Im sorry..but Im wondering if its okay to make yourself a thinned out bowl of creamy soup and sip on it or will the calories be too much?

Thanks for any advice or tips!
Adrienne J.
on 8/25/11 10:42 am - GA
Wow, 29 views and no answer..ok lol
tripmom02
on 8/25/11 10:46 am - NJ
With soups I would measure out 3 ozs for myself and eat it slowly b/c that was what my instructions said to do. Good luck.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Adrienne J.
on 8/25/11 10:48 am - GA
Thank you. Unfortunately, my instructions were very vague other than saying No meat for now.
tripmom02
on 8/25/11 2:06 pm - NJ
 I have some crazy detailed instructions, my NUT is a little OCD LOL So if you have any questions on something that might be vague in your insturctions feel free to PM me and I will see if I have any details to share.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/11 1:35 pm

Soup is a slider food.  As such you can eat most any amount without ill effects on your tummy.  But that doesn't make it a wise idea.   However, for me the limiting factor was the sodium.  That caused water retention (weight gain), not good.  At the earliest stages the calories won't be too much.  But habits form easily and too much of a good thing might indeed be too much. I do think you can have a tea cup full without ill effects.
Adrienne J.
on 8/25/11 2:43 pm - GA
Thanks guys so much!
frostylost
on 8/25/11 5:00 pm

Hi, I don't have an answer to your question but just wanted to give you a shout out when I saw that we have the same surgeon :) I am still pre-op but only 3 days away from my surgery date, I will be sleeved on the 29th! Its good to finally meet someone on here thats had the same procedure and using the same surgeon as I will be. I hope all went well and you continue to have a speedy recovery. If you encountered any unexpected suprises (good or bad) while at Mercy or with Dr G please feel free to share, I would most appreciate it

~I live each day in victory...because of the one who died for me~

HW: 289    SW:276    CW: 222  GW: 135~~~~~Monthly lbs lost> M1=15 M2=15 M3=14
Adrienne J.
on 8/25/11 11:18 pm - GA
Hi! i can say that I had a very positive experience with Dr. G. My surgery went well. Had no issues at the hospital, the nurses were great. Except one..but I quickly had that taken care of and never saw her again. lol

Best of luck to you!! I pray that all goes well and you have a speedy recovery:)
debgwoody
on 8/25/11 11:02 pm
I was allowed cream soups 2 weeks out and would add 1 cup milk. I could have 2 ounces at a time. It tasted SO good !

Life isn't about the breaths we take but the moment's that take our breath away!!  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views