Calcium viatmin question (vets please respond)

twinsand1
on 8/25/11 10:13 pm - SC
I know that there are hundreds of post about vitamins but I couldn't find one about this...

I understand everyone says stay away from the Multivitamin Gummies but does anyone know if the Citracal Calcuim Gummies are ok? I have bought a bottle but want to make sure it is ok.. I wasn't really given a vitamin schedule..

Thanks alot,
Angela
08/2006 lapband (Dr. de la garza Mexico)282 lbs
09/2008 emergency band removal (Dr. Givens, SC)132lbs
currently weigh 298 lbs
Sleeved 07/13/2011 Ramos Kelly

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/11 10:34 pm, edited 8/25/11 10:36 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
No babygirl, they are not the kind we absorb very well at all.  We need calium CITRATE.  And while Citrical MAKES calcium citrate, the gummies are not calcium citrate. 

There was a conversation about this on the main board not too long ago, I will go dig it up and link you! 

Good question and while "known good brands" are always good to watch for, still reading the labels will serve you well!

Here is one link.  The Andrea lady that posted on that thread, if you peek around her web site, she HAS GREAT information about vitamins, and labs and things like that! Or even just look at her "latest posts" for a great free education!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4396499/Gummy-chewable -calcium-citracal-at-Wally-World/
twinsand1
on 8/25/11 10:43 pm - SC

Brandylynn, thanks for the reply I read so many bottles I guess they were running together because I thought it had Calcuim Citrate..Shoot.. I never new finding vitamins would/could be so hard.. I had trouble finding a protein I could tolarate.. Finally found that and haven't found vitamins yet that didn't make me yuck.. I took BariatricFusion this am and waiting to see if these will work...

Angela

08/2006 lapband (Dr. de la garza Mexico)282 lbs
09/2008 emergency band removal (Dr. Givens, SC)132lbs
currently weigh 298 lbs
Sleeved 07/13/2011 Ramos Kelly

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/11 10:48 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Citrical USUALLY DOES!!  Like the petites and the regular! 

I just take Centrum multi, I take the silver because the iron and the calcium cancel each other out.

I take Citrical in 3 doses over the course of the day, at least 2 hours away from caffeine/teas/coffee (because that inhibits absorption)

Regular iron needs to be taken at least 2 hours away from caffeine/calcium/teas/coffees/dairy/nuts/wholegrains/eggs because those things inhibit absorption.

BUT!!  *haaalleeeluuujaaahhh!!* Proferrin, which is a HEME-IRON does not have the same absorption issues as the regular elemental, SO - I just ordered some of that and I am nearly GIDDY with the freedom of being able to take it whenthehellever!  because the juggling of it, while you get into a pattern, really turns into a PITA, especially on days when your structure is not there, like - vacations n setch. 

For my multis, I have to take a bite of food, pop the multi (or chew the chewable) and take a tiny sip, enough to get it down, or I get the heave ho's.  BOo to the womitous feelings!! 

Know this too girlie, when you get the structure of all of this down, its going to be much easier, but at first, its like drinking from a firehose!  There is so much to learn/relearn!

You are rocking it Mz Angela!!
Crabadams72
on 8/25/11 11:46 pm - Silver Spring, MD
I am about to order this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JE18DY/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000OTEBS4&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=11MQAJBZXGB1R8A1R611

upcal-calcium citrate packets.

I tend to forget to take calcium and even though I take the petites-i feel like I'm about to throw up when I swallow them.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views