Difficulty sleeping????

lanunes
on 8/29/11 7:46 am - CA
I have always had some sort of difficulty sleeping but it is really bad lately. I am 6 weeks out and the past week or so I hardly sleep at all. Has anyone had this problem? I am in ketosis and have lots of energy during the day and having started walking a few miles each night. Not sure if any of that is contributing to it. Also gonna talk with surgeon office see if they have any insight. 

Thanks!! 
      Leslie Nunes              
Faye56
on 8/29/11 7:53 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
Try some Melatonin (3mg) an hour before bed. Works great for me and I oculd not sleep for anything!

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

erinmt1023
on 8/29/11 7:57 am - TX
I don't normally have a hard time sleeping (oppisite actaully I can sleep for a very long time), but when I started working out in the evenings I found that I needed several hours to wind down and it was harder to fall asleep at my normal hour.
ERIN   HW 258/ SW 245/ CW 231/ GW 150
Pkrplyr777
on 8/29/11 9:06 am - CT

You don't say how old your are.

The menopause gods HATE me, lol. I haven't slept right in a longgggg time.
Right after surgery for about 2 weeks, I slept good but now I'm back to the same old thing, (sigh).

I have a rule. If I'm not tired the next day, I don't worry about it. If I have a day where I don't feel fully rested I wait one more day then take an advil/tylonol PM which works wonders. But usually that "one more day" has me sleeping a full 8 which cures the issue.

My doctor says it's normal for menopause. Oh well, I don't have hot flashing too much anymore so I guess it's all good.

Good Luck
D

HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
1london
on 8/29/11 11:15 am
Yes...I have been the same way with sleep since surgery.  My surgeons office also advised melatonin before bed and trying not to exercise (walk) to late into the evening.
Best wishes

Susan0714
on 8/29/11 11:16 am - Kenner, LA
I posted something like this about a month ago. I have always been a early riser. But, no matter what my  bodies alarm clock likes 530 am. I don't.  LOL

I am almost 3 months out. One of the OH members that relplied to my post (Jenn777), she told me to try and take a shower before bed, and cover your clock.  I did both of those, and they worked for me.

I have started a new job, so I have had a lot of things on my mind lately, so I have been getting up earlier, but, before that, the shower and covering my clock so if I woke up in the middle of the night, I could not see what time it was. It worked for me.

I would probably ask your doctor and see what he says, to do or take. I will prbably ask mine too, when I see him in a few weeks.

Good Luck!

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

lanunes
on 8/29/11 12:44 pm - CA
 THanks everyone for the replies =) I'm thinking most of it has to do with the late night exercising. So the exercising must stop....lol  I think I am going to try and get it in before I go to work instead of at night.  I already take benadryl to help me sleep. Well....we will see how tonight goes since I am gonna exercise early....=)
      Leslie Nunes              
smiles24
on 8/30/11 5:25 am - MI
I usually take 2 Valerian Root capsules and say "g'nite family, see ya tomorrow morning!"  lol  Seriously, Valerian Root is completely 100% natural!  I swear by it!!   It doesn't make you feel groggy in the morning...just makes you feel like you've gotten a good nights sleep!! 
Sheryl
HW:  273   SW: 238   CW:  164  GW:  150  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 283 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views