What a beautiful thing....

tripmom02
on 9/1/11 11:49 am - NJ
 Ok, so today I finally got to experience what the REAL difference between having my band in and having my sleeve is and that is I HAVE NO PAIN! 

When ever we would go out to eat I would end up having to head out to the car before my family b/c no matter what I would order it would usually leave me feeling uncomfortable and/or in pain that I had to go walk off for a bit, and the most frustrating thing was that I was usually STILL hungry and not anywhere near satisfied. 

Tonight I went out with my family after a lovely day walking the boardwalk and giving some sorely needed business to local vendors, I ordered the crab cakes appetizer (no sauce) and ate half of one of the small cakes. They where SO GOOD, but those few bites where enough for me. There was no pain, no hunger, no feeling of being deprived, and the best thing was I was able to spend the time laughing with and enjoying my family, instead of having to excuse myself while I fought the urge to be sick. It was the least stressful dinner out that I have had in YEARS. 

While I am a newb at the sleeve, I can say that as of right now I am very happy with my decision. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

sophisticate30
on 9/1/11 11:54 am
 Tripmom02, Congrats on being able to enjoy life. I am new to OH and I'm pursuing the sleeve. Your message is encouraging. Best Wishes!  
patsueham
on 9/1/11 11:57 am - Coker, AL
just read your post I'm thinking of doing the sleeve.......had band jan 2010 n not working for me. Was it hard to get your insurance to cover another WLS
waiting to hear
SUE IN COKER        
tripmom02
on 9/1/11 12:04 pm - NJ
 I had major complications with my band and it had to be removed in a hurry, so b/c it was a malfunction of the band my insurance didn't give me any problems with my revision. 

Good luck to you, I hope they help you and you hear back soon! I was upset when they removed my band, but now I know it was the best thing I could have had done.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Amy 2bhealthy
on 9/1/11 11:59 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Great!! I am sure that was a great feeling! 

I know exactly what you are talking about regarding the band!! My husband knows "the look" and recently told me about how often I put my arms above my head after I eat something to try to get the pressure relieved off the band to reduce the pain. Things I don't really notice anymore. Hopefully my experience with the band will be a good one as well.

Continued good luck and success to you! 

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

CoolBeans
on 9/1/11 12:14 pm - MD
 Awesome! Congrats on a beautiful day! This is how life post-surgery should be. Enjoying time with loved ones and yes enjoying food in a new way. 
 Cari    
koshermama
on 9/1/11 2:19 pm
So glad to hear :)

HW 310, SW 307, CW 259, LW 7.5, Goal 150

Shalom aleichem! Join us...  Keeping Kosher After WLS    
joeswife
on 9/1/11 3:58 pm - CA
Really happy to hear that, I understand the band issue, can't wait to have mine removed and be sleeved. Glad you are having success! Good luck to you.

grdn_grl
on 9/1/11 4:12 pm

I can't wait - I had my band removed in December and that could be my story as far as eating with the band, ugh it was terrible!!!  Hope my insurance will look at this as a revision even though I had it out - I am still deciding what surgery I want but I sure wanted that thing out quick!!!  Congrats!!!

smiles24
on 9/2/11 12:56 am - MI

Thats wonderful!  What an amazing feeling that must have been!! 

Sheryl
HW:  273   SW: 238   CW:  164  GW:  150  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 351 views