Not sure they took my stomach out

smbergie200
on 9/2/11 1:04 pm - Naples, FL
Alright - trying to stay positive. Im just so stinking hungry I don't believe they really took my stomach out. I have no problem eating my 2 ounces of food 3 times daily. I can drink plenty of water without a problem. I can drink my shakes no problem. My next phase is the soft foods stage and I can then eat 4 ounces of food. The devil on my left shoulder says to start the soft food diet a few days early. I am resisting. It is not head hunger - trust me. Its damnit I need more than 2 stinkin ounces of food hunger. Anyone have such an easy time getting food and drink in. I have no nausea, never vomited and feel great. Still HUNGRY. Please soft food stage come. Anyone else have such an easy time fitting everything in that they arent sure there stomach was removed?

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

novascotiadawn
on 9/2/11 1:07 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

You taking any acid reducers?

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

smbergie200
on 9/2/11 1:09 pm - Naples, FL
On September 2, 2011 at 8:07 PM Pacific Time, novascotiadawn wrote:

You taking any acid reducers?
Yes - twice a day.

novascotiadawn
on 9/2/11 1:16 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Maybe not the right ones for you!..

It took me three different prescriptions before I got one that worked well for me..

novascotiadawn
on 9/2/11 1:08 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

How tall are you?

smbergie200
on 9/2/11 1:10 pm - Naples, FL
On September 2, 2011 at 8:08 PM Pacific Time, novascotiadawn wrote:

How tall are you?

6' 1"

novascotiadawn
on 9/2/11 1:17 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

You will get a bit more food in than us shorter peeps...Taller = longer sleeve...

Dawnie 88
on 9/2/11 1:13 pm
Me Me Me..

I had no issues with nausea..or  vomiting..and felt great right from the start.  I never had issues with getting in my fluid or protein drinks..and I felt very hungry for about the first 6 wks postop.  Once i started eating dense protein..like chicken breast..it really helped to control that hunger..plus i heard that the hunger hormone (that is in the part of the stomach that is removed) is still present in your body for awhile postop...

Just give it time..but yes..i've been there!

emelar
on 9/2/11 1:16 pm - TX
I had the world's easiest recovery.  No problem drinking, getting in protein, or eating.  I wondered myself whether the doc hadn't just punched a bunch of holes in my abdomen but didn't take anything out.  But I didn't have real hunger - I wanted to eat, I wanted to chew, but I wasn't hungry.

I suggest you drink more and tough it out.  You don't want to hurt sleevie!  And get a stronger or different PPI from your doc.  Many people had to try several different meds before they found one that worked.
mleena
on 9/2/11 1:18 pm
 I felt exactly the same way and I actually thought that it could not be possible that they took out my stomach also.  I also had no problems (still don't) drinking.

My doctor told me is that some people just don't have the swelling in their tissues and just have no problem getting things down.  Also, he suggested that the growlings may be air or gas rumbling around or something.

I still feel some hunger, but it has gotten much better over the week.  I am hopeful that once I am on foods it will be taken care of.  I guess without the swelling, it all just runs through you.

I hope things get better for you.  Rest assured, you are not alone in this.

HW:  329  Pre-Op: 310  SW:  282  (8/22/11)  CW:  258

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views